Fynn is looking for a Paralegal to support the legal function on a wide variety of transactional, regulatory, and operational matters.
As one of the first hires to the legal team of a rapidly growing fintech lender, this role will start with a very broad set of responsibilities, so it is custom-built for an individual seeking diversity in their daily work. The position will also quickly present opportunities for specialization as the rest of the team grows. As a result, this is a rare opportunity for an established paralegal with a desire to expand into other areas, like legal operations, regulatory compliance, or even human resources.
This role will partner with the rest of the Fynn team to:
- Drive the expansion of Fynn’s state lending footprint by procuring and maintaining direct lending licenses;
- Streamline Fynn’s partner acquisition process by helping to select, implement, and manage an organization-wide contract management tool;
- Lead initiatives for the legal and compliance functions, including the development and improvement of key processes across the organization;
- Coordinate accurate and timely responses to regulatory inquiries;
- Project-manage various key legal and compliance projects;
- Recognize and properly escalate significant matters;
- Collaborate on the resolution of inquiries and complaints from customers and regulators.
- 5+ years of Paralegal experience;
- Financial services experience;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and/or Google Workspace (G Suite); and
- Ability to learn and leverage new technology quickly and effectively.
- Significant financial services experience, ideally in the consumer lending industry;
- Broad paralegal experience covering transactional, regulatory, employment, and dispute resolution matters;
- Legal research skills, ideally in Westlaw;
- Experience managing and resolving customer and regulatory complaints; and
- Paralegal certificate and/or Bachelor’s Degree.
Location and Travel:
- This role is remote and can be located anywhere in the United States
- Limited travel is expected, primarily for corporate gatherings.
- 401k match
- Unlimited PTO
- Cell phone & internet reimbursement for remote positions
- Health, dental, and vision
Fynn is rebuilding the middle class by creating greater access to trade and vocational education. We are a private student lender offering safe, fair, and affordable loans to students of all backgrounds attending some of the best career and vocational schools across the country.
After graduating, Fynn members go on to pursue careers in high-demand fields like the industrial, construction, and manufacturing trades, along with allied health and medical technology. That’s why we underwrite students based on their future potential instead of their credit history. We are invested in our borrowers’ long-term success, so our loans are borrower-friendly, with benefits custom-built for recent graduates starting new careers.
Fynn went through Y Combinator in 2019, and our founders were recently named to the Forbes 30 Under 30 List for 2023! We are a small, well-funded fintech with deep expertise in lending, education, and the capital markets.