25 Jun, 2022
$80000 — $125000 yearly
Stilt (YC W16) is building a bank focused on 45 million immigrants in the US. Immigrants are traditionally shut out of the financial system because they lack a financial identity. We are building technology to democratize access to financial services.
Improving access to financial services for everyone, especially for the underserved and immigrants has never been more important. They contribute $1.6T to the economy, have built many $100B+ companies, and generated millions of jobs. Still, immigrants don't get the services they deserve. We are building technology to help immigrants from day 1 of their arrival. Since launch, we have helped hundreds of thousands of immigrants from 160+ countries. We are growing fast and now at an inflection point in our journey to help millions of immigrants.
We are based in San Francisco (open to remote), founded by an immigrant team with expertise in finance, technology, and machine learning. 70% of the team is immigrants and from underrepresented backgrounds. We are working hard to make financial services simple by using non-traditional data, building a modern scoring and decision engine, and improving operational efficiency.
It is a challenging and fulfilling opportunity for someone looking to make a difference in the lives of immigrants across the world. As we rewrite the approach to banking, we are looking for an operations manager who is experienced, knowledgeable, and believes in making this happen with us.
The Operations Manager is an important cross-functional team member. Responsible for cross team communication with engineering and marketing. Your primary focus will be the implementation, adaptation and continuous improvement of our business systems and processes.
- Manage, coach, and supervise a team dedicated to reviewing customers’ loan applications. Assess associate work performance and provide detailed feedback.
- Responsible for underwriting operations, implementing verification policies and monitoring the program effectiveness.
- Process Improvement. You’ll assess the existing processes and iterate based on data to build scalable solutions to improve operation processes.
- Contribute to and maintain deep firsthand knowledge of core frontline work. - Serve as an escalation point for customer issues, complaints, more complex work and troubleshooting.
- Work cross functionally to define, plan, and implement feature improvements and solutions associated with risk mitigation and fraud monitoring.
- 2+ years of management experience, startup or fintech experience preferred
- 4+ years of experience in underwriting, fraud, collections & other banking operations
- Ability to thrive in a fast past startup environment is a must
- Ability to learn quickly in a high-growth environment
- Excellent verbal, time management and written skills
- Strong planning, organizational, and process analysis/improvement abilities to successfully lead the team
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with Jira/ Confluence is a plus
- Experience with SQL querying
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills put to use in a fast pace environment
We offer competitive compensation and benefits. Our employees love all the little things we do to celebrate them and make them feel a part of a strong team.
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team of creative, fun, and driven colleagues on products that have an immediate and significant impact on people's lives
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage (we cover 90% of insurance premiums)
- Contribute to a 401(k) (managed by Guideline)
- Virtual cards for you to spend on anything that can help you do your work better (no questions asked and no reimbursements need to be filed)
- Paid expenses (food, drinks, travel) when you meet team members close by (no questions asked and no reimbursements need to be filed)
- A laptop of your choice with any configuration (Windows or Mac)