About us 👋
StudyStream is a video platform that allows students to be more productive while studying. We have reached 6 million unique users who have clocked over 17 million study hours to date. Students from around the world love us! How do we know? #StudyStream has grown entirely organically to over 300 million views on TikTok over the last two years. We've just closed our seed round, so are well-funded and growing quickly!
Promise to Students: We're committed to the future of social learning. Learning should be fun. We want to provide the best experience for students with our product and so we aim to exceed user expectations on a consistent basis.
Passion for Progress: As a company, we care deeply about growth and innovation through learning, reflecting and taking action.
Ownership: We have a culture of operating with responsibility and ownership. We encourage team members to take psychological ownership of tough challenges and to take action to solve it.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the development of our first mobile app to serve a large and active student community. The ideal candidate will be passionate about hard problems and building solutions that scale. As our lead mobile app developer, you will be working with support from our web app development team and using our existing API to develop a mobile app based on existing features that we have in our web app. You will also work with two fantastic product designers leading on UX/UI.
- Minimum 6 years of work experience (2+ years Flutter experience, 2+ years native iOS experience, 2+ years of native Android experience)
- Experience with getting an app through the Apple/Google review process quickly on your own (including the - compliance steps, description write ups, and image requirements)
- Ideal: Experience with using video sdks within a mobile app
- Ideal: Experience with building a mobile chat system, a task/todo list system, and a social newsfeed (using existing API endpoints)
Why you should join StudyStream 🚀🚀
We have got some big dreams and the traction to show we're on the right track. Our vision is for StudyStream to be the go-to platform for studying.
- Good salary and equity upside
- Completely remote with flexible work hours
- Generous and flexible holiday allowance
- Twice annual team retreats abroad
- Other benefits to be discussed as required