Machine Learning Engineer, Product (f/m/d)
24 Jun, 2022
Taktile is a technology company building cloud-native software that underpins the financial products of the future. We focus on financial services, because they are a critical backbone of modern society, helping individuals and companies finance their dreams and insure against adverse scenarios. Our goal is to become the leading AI Platform for the banking industry and our software is already being used to underwrite hundreds of thousands of loans every day.
Taktile is based in Berlin and New York City. It was founded by machine learning and data science veterans with extensive experience building and running production ML in financial services. Our team consists of engineers, entrepreneurs, and researchers with a diverse set of backgrounds. Some of us attended top universities such as Harvard, Oxford, and ETH Zurich and some of us have no degree at all. We have accumulated extensive work experience at leading tech companies, startups, and the enterprise software sphere. Our backers include Y Combinator, Index Ventures, firstminute Capital and stellar angels such as the founders of Looker, GitHub, Mulesoft, Datadog and UiPath.
What You'll Do
- As a Product MLE, you will lead the scoping of the feature roadmap for the Taktile platform and be an active member of our engineering team.
- You will work directly with senior leadership and the CTO to plan our scrum sprints, and lead the execution of the sprints. This includes transferring your learnings from customer issues into product features that improve our platform.
- Analyze usage patterns, troubleshoot, and enhance the user experience of the Taktile platform. This requires knowing the product code-base well enough to support debugging and triaging efforts.
- Develop new features for the Taktile platform, which requires strong software engineering skills in Python, as well as a thorough understanding of statistics and ML methods in production.
- Take ownership of customer interactions, including on-call rotation, stakeholder management, and recurring check-ins.
Ideal, But Not Required
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of cloud architecture and computing concepts
- Deep expertise writing backends in Python (we're using FastAPI)
- Experience with data visualization
- Domain expertise in financials services industry (banking, insurance, capital markets, payments, etc.)
- Proficiency in German, or a willingness to learn
- Work with colleagues that lift you up, challenge you, celebrate you and help you grow. We come from many different backgrounds, but what we have in common is the desire to operate at the very top of our fields. If you are similarly capable, caring, and driven, you'll find yourself at home here.
- Make an impact and meaningfully shape an early-stage company.
- Experience a truly flat hierarchy and communicate directly with founding team members. Having an opinion and voicing your ideas is not only welcome but encouraged, especially when they challenge the status quo.
- Learn from experienced mentors and achieve tremendous personal and professional growth. Get to know and leverage our network of leading tech investors and advisors around the globe.
- Receive a top-of-market equity and cash compensation package.
- Get access to a self-development budget you can use to e.g. attend conferences, buy books or take classes
- Use the equipment of your choice including meaningful home office setup during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Make use of our relocation support if you're moving to Berlin. We can help with immigration.
- We're eager to meet talented and driven candidates regardless of whether they tick all the boxes. We're looking for someone who will add to our culture, not just fit within it. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underestimated and underrepresented in tech to apply.
- We seek to actively recognize and combat racism, sexism, ableism and ageism. We embrace and support all gender identities and expressions, and celebrate love in its many forms. We won't inquire about how you identify or if you've experienced discrimination, but if you want to tell your story, we are all ears.