Lead - Technical Writer
23 Sep, 2022
No experience required
Netomi is an AI-first customer service platform that enables companies to deliver the highest quality customer experiences while significantly reducing cost. Netomi's Relationship Operating System automatically resolves up to 80% of routine customer service inquiries, decreasing resolution time, and increasing customer satisfaction and support quality. The patented, no-code platform works across messaging, chat, email and voice, and understands 100+ languages. Netomi is based in San Francisco and has offices in New York and India.
Want to have a direct impact in solving the top challenges businesses face today? Join us!
We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality customer facing content that contributes to the overall success of our products. You will work collaboratively with product managers, developers, quality engineers and usability experts to create content that is easy to understand and promotes product adoption.
- Work with product, engineering, sales and customer success teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Execute delivery of documentation needed for product releases (product copy, release notes, product guides)
- Recommend and implement best practices for cohesive documentation across all mediums - in-product help, online support, printable product documentation
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, release notes, online help, developer guides, implementation guides, product documentation, and API documentation suitable for its intended audience with the focus of helping them quickly and easily accomplish their goals when using Netomi
- Create tutorials to help our customers easily understand the product capabilities and boost product adoption
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Utilize feedback from internal teams and customers to continuously improve documentation; manage updates and revisions to all documentation
- Create and maintain the content repository and information architecture
- Lead and coach a small team of technical writers
- 5+ years experience in software/technology related fields and 3+ years experience in technical writing for enterprise software products, preferably for B2B SaaS products
- 2+ years experience in managing/leading a team of technical writers and owning the documentation roadmap
- Experience managing customer facing documentation portals/platforms with a strong working knowledge of content authoring tools such as Adobe RoboHelp, Microsoft Office, Google docs, Confluence, Jira
- Experience writing release notes, product updates, product copy, in-product help documentation, tutorials as well as traditional online/print product documentation Experience creating developer, API, implementation and administration guides
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Experience maintaining content repository, optimizing content development to maximize reuse and minimize maintenance/duplication
- Experience with product onboarding/adoption tools such as WalkMe, Whatfix, Pendo etc is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum software development and publishing documents with a strict cadence that aligns with product releases
Netomi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.