About the job
As a Junior Product Designer at Flagright, your responsibilities will include creating user-centric and visually appealing designs for our product. You will work with a cross-functional product development team composed of software engineers and a product designer. Your role will help design and implement strategies to increase user acquisition, engagement, and retention for our product.
This is a remote position, so you will need to be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision. Flagright offers exciting career growth opportunities for motivated individuals looking to take the next step in their careers. If you are highly driven, enthusiastic, and seeking an exciting opportunity to join an early-stage startup, we want to hear from you.
🛠 Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to understand user needs, business goals, and technical requirements.
- Creating wireframes, user flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs for our SaaS application.
- Designing new product features based on user and business requirements.
- Iterating on existing designs based on user feedback and business requirements.
- Conduct user research and testing to validate design decisions.
- Ensure that designs are consistent with brand guidelines and our in-house design system.
- Collaborate with developers to ensure that designs are implemented correctly.
🙌 Your Profile
- At least 1-2 years of experience as a Product Designer
- Hands-on experience using Figma with excellent visual design skills, including typography, composition, and color theory.
- A portfolio of live projects that showcases a user-centered design approach, ideally with both B2B and consumer-facing products.
- Ability to solve complex design problems, not just make things look good.
- Prior work experience on a FinTech or technical SaaS product is a plus.
- An appreciation for the entire product development cycle: research, problem definition, ideation, solution design, validation, and iteration.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- You enjoy working independently, think like an entrepreneur, and are eager to make fast decisions under constant ambiguity.
- You like to get results fast and hold others and yourself accountable for hitting timelines.
💯 Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working in an Agile development environment is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or a related field is a plus.
- Experienced with Stakeholder Communication.
- Experience running collaborative ideation sessions.
- Do something meaningful; help stop human trafficking, money laundering, child labor; be a part of enabling the future of how money moves.
- Work alongside a highly competent, top-tier team (Y Combinator, ex AWS, Zalando, Palantir).
- Great career development opportunities in a fast-growing early-stage startup.
- Low-bureaucracy, minimal meetings, async communications culture, international culture, flat organization.
- We do not recommend you apply if you aren't confident in delivering results. We maintain an extremely high bar for all of our team members. We do performance evaluations honestly & fairly, not kindly.
Please note, remote candidates will be hired as a contractor via Deel.com.