As a fullstack engineer, you'll work with Fynn as we become the brand that represents every trade worker in America. We're a remote team, based half in NYC.
About this role:
- You'll work on building our core lending platform and other financial products for our students.
- You'll be given significant autonomy over new products and asked to own major launches.
- You'll work in a very small team and be able to own design and product work if you like.
- You'll help us fulfill our mission of helping students reach financial stability with better educational options.
Projects you might work on:
- Owning the architecture and launch of an entire new product, such as a staffing product to help our graduated students find jobs with employers
- Making our web application where students can apply for a loan smoother and reducing friction.
- Building financial products for our students, like a card to help people with thin-file history build their credit.
- Picking metrics and writing alerts and scripts to track student repayments, portfolio performance, and managing our flow of money.
- You have had significant ownership over production code in tech startups before.
- You're excited about working on a small team, or have worked with a small team before.
- You are a product-oriented engineer, and have great written communication skills.
- You'd like to learn more about other parts of Fynn's business, like lending, the capital markets, or consumer credit underwriting.
Growing at Fynn:
If you're interested in working in fintech, this is a unique opportunity to learn about capital markets, underwriting, and securities alongside some senior and experienced talent in lending and capital markets. As always, there's lots of early-stage flexibility with defining what you'd like to work on, and you'll have lots of room to grow into other areas of the business or own major new products.
There will be lots of opportunity to make product and design decisions, interview users & customers, and design more efficient systems as we scale up rapidly.
At Fynn, we will treat you well with a competitive salary and equity offer. Depending on your risk tolerance, we would love to talk more with you about the range of options available between the two.