SixWheel is an electric vehicle that combines with diesel semi trucks to make them hybrid-electric instantly, with no retrofits, and at no upfront cost. Truckers can just show up and start using it. Through fuel and capital cost savings, we deliver $25k or 50% more profit per truck annually. This is a $50B dollar market opportunity in the US and will reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 5%.
We are looking for talented individuals who are passionate about electric vehicles, automation, or climate change. In this role you would have the opportunity to make a transformational impact on the road freight industry while also saving as much as 1 Billion tonnes of CO2 equivalent emissions annually. You would be a joining the founding team of an early stage, high growth company founded by the people behind Cruise Automation, which was acquired by GM for $1B in 2016.
We are delivering our first vehicles in 2023 and have rapid plans for expansion.
You will be responsible for the real time control hardware for both prototype and large volumes of our vehicle product, the SixWheel. As a full stack engineer, you will be leading development on many mission critical systems. This includes:
- Development of a mobile app for our operations team
- Development of a mobile app for truckers to reserve, monitor, and be updated on the status of SixWheels
- Continued development of our CI simulation test environment.
- Continued development of our build system (using bazel) to target our embedded avionics platform along with all other systems (we use a monorepo).
- Development of a data log management system
- Continued development of robotic systems including vision and motion planning.
- Collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team of Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Controls Engineers, Robotics Engineers, Software Engineers, Business Development, Supply Chain, and Logistics.
- Reporting directly to the CEO