Freight Appointment Clerk
25 Mar, 2023
$431426 — $1006660 yearly
As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Freight Appointment Clerk
The Freight Appointment Clerk is responsible for managing freight appointments for both merchant prepaid as well as ShipBob managed freight of which includes but is not limited to: actioning escalations as raised by the merchant care team regarding missed appointments for merchants attempting to either pick-up from or deliver freight to our facilities. This role will be responsible for freight support across the ShipBob and Merchant Plus network as well as to resolve merchant escalations, process review, and reporting requirements on all freight scheduling matters. This person in this position will have potential for a new role “advancement” within 2 to 3 years depending on business needs and growth.
What you’ll do:
- Support regional and process managers to timely resolve carrier freight scheduling non-compliance as well as to identify and solution gaps in existing processes.
- Reschedule carrier appointments per merchant care requests.
- Track missed delivery and pick-up appointments for both merchant and ShipBob managed freight.
- Responsible for daily summary emails, listing and accounting for freight appointment non-compliance, appointment tracking, pick-ups, and deliveries.
- Responsible for weekly summary emails to provide context and clear metrics for the network on carrier /provider gaps and process failures.
- Presenting process or product shortfalls that could be improved upon for the network.
- Maintaining multiple reports specific to Freight as well as Control Tower team standard work.
- Assisting Merchant care / Merchant experience with merchant escalations for freight related issues and concerns.
- Support carriers by phone by providing directions / locating ShipBob facilities as well as assisting carriers with appointment related questions.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Excellent multitasking ability as there are several platforms traversed daily.
- Flexibility on schedule (may require some overtime / staying late due to tasks).
- Solid analytical skills, with experience in reports, Excel, Google and following processes.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as we are on multiple calls, emails and direct messaging with senior leadership and operations teams; it is very important to be clear and understood.
- Teamwork and Integrity: we want to make sure we work together and are transparent within our organization; if something is missed, it is called out and fixed in real time.
- Reliability is critical to this role. This position is time intensive, and requires a dedicated person who can plan ahead and use time off wisely so workload is covered.
Reports to: Director, Control Tower
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical & Accidental Insurance
- All Purpose Leave (casual & sick time): 12 days
- Earned Leave: 15 days
- Public Holiday: 12 days
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Quarterly Wellness Day
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work From Home Allowance
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>>Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.