The shift towards web3 is inevitable. However, everything is built for the crypto degens and geeks who are deeply educated on the space. It takes an average person months to purchase crypto & NFTs, create their own wallet, or understand blockchain and other web3 buzzwords.
At CypherD, we’re bringing crypto and web3 to everyone. We view ourselves as a ‘web2.5’ company that is rapidly accelerating the shift by democratizing access to cryptocurrency & web3. How? To start, we want everyday users to seamlessly (1) acquire crypto from any blockchain and (2) spend their crypto on everyday items while still reaping the benefits of crypto. In crypto degen terms, we’re a multi-chain wallet that provides the world’s first non-custodial crypto card.
We’re not the only ones excited about this! We’re backed by incredible investors who also believe in our mission such as YCombinator, Balaji Srinivasan (former CTO of Coinbase), MetaKovan, Prasanna Sankar (former CTO of Rippling), Aarthi Ramamurthy (ex-Facebook executive) and more.
If our mission speaks to you, we’d be delighted to meet you. Join us for the adventure of a lifetime 🚀
About the role
We are hiring for this role in Palo Alto. This is not a remote position.
As a Founding Engineer at CypherD, you will build incredible web3 products alongside the leadership team. You will see all parts of the business, shape CypherD’s culture as a founding team member, and help set the company direction.
- Design, build, and own large user-facing areas of the product using modern frameworks and tooling (Typescript, + Nestjs, Web3 Frameworks).
- Drive the ‘how’ (engineering) in addition to the ‘why’ (product strategy) of what we build at CypherD
- Play a lead role in defining CypherD’s engineering culture as we grow
- Work closely with the CEO and early customers to set product and technical direction for the company.
Sample projects you might work on:
- Build cross-chain functionality for users to exchange cryptocurrency in one centralized app
- Design and build CypherD’s NFT portfolio management offering
- Build a crypto card management solution to help users more easily manage their crypto card spend & rewards
Candidates we’re excited about will bring:
Strong track record: 3+ years of engineering experience building delightful products in world-class, high-growth technology companies
Low ego: No task too big or too small. We do what needs to be done
Bias towards action: As a startup, speed is our greatest asset and we need people who just gets things done
Ruthless optimism: Startups are solving challenging problems that have never been solved before. We’ll fail a ton but we always get back up!
Kindness & candor: Regardless of the situation, we should always be honest and kind to each other
Interview Process Overview
Our goal is to make this as simple and enjoyable for you as possible, while respecting your time.
Meet the founder: Meet with Kube, our founder. The 1-hour interview will be half technical and half to learn more about you & your excitement towards this opportunity
Take-home assignment: Async programming assignment, solving the typical kinds of problems we’re addressing in our real codebase
Onsite: Meet the team in person to hang out and get to know each other in a more casual setting
Offer: No description needed!
Our thesis on compensation & benefits is that you should be able to live stress-free while receiving enough equity to excite you for our future. By doing so, the company is aligned on one goal: success.
Below are some ranges for compensation pending your experience.
- Base Salary: $90 - $180K
- Equity: 0.50% - 3.00%
- Benefits: We offer benefit packages competitive with big tech