We’re building a platform to help developers manage the end-to-end microservices lifecycle. Developers can build, test, deploy and manage their microservices on Nucleus effortlessly without having to build and maintain custom infrastructure. Companies hire teams of engineers and spend millions of dollars building out their own custom infrastructure only to struggle to maintain and scale it. Having built these platforms in the past, we’re intimately familiar with how painful it is to build and maintain microservices. We’re a highly technical and product-oriented team that has spent the last 10 years across enterprise and startups.
We’re based in San Francisco, and are looking to hire our first Engineer. We believe that in-person collaboration is important for a company at our stage, and are looking for someone who is excited about being face-to-face a few times a week. If you’re interested in reading more, check out our memo.
About the Role
- Foundational part of technical team
- Will architect and code core systems
- Think short and long term about how to build scalable platforms
- Work closely with the cofounders to execute on the product roadmap
- Play a key role in creating a culture of inclusivity and excellence
- Interested in building scalable, distributed systems
- Interested in building hybrid products (control plane <> data plane architecture)
- Is a leader who is proactive and an independent thinker
- Can identify and navigate engineering tradeoffs between quality vs speed
- Humble, responsible, outcome-oriented person
- Generally interested in solving fun, but challenging problems
Technologies and Processes we use
- Cloud infrastructure - AWS for now, GCP and Azure in the future
- Kubernetes (EKS for now, but GCP and AKS in the roadmap)
- Golang, gRPC
- IaC tools such as Terraform, Terragrunt, Helm, Kustomize
- Agile SDLC (build, test, deploy)
- CI/CD frameworks and tools such as Github Actions, ArgoCD
- React & TypeScript
- Competitive compensation and significant equity position in a VC-funded startup
- We work flexible hours and offer unlimited PTO
- We’re a team of A-players who want to win and build a billion-dollar business but we also know it’s important to recharge and be there for the people we care about.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- We’ll get you set up with the gear that you need to excel in your role and a WFH budget for you to set up your space as needed.
Nucleus is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Nucleus encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.