SixWheel is an electric vehicle that combines with diesel semi trucks to make them hybrid-electric instantly, with no retrofits, and at no upfront cost. Truckers can just show up and start using it. Through fuel and capital cost savings, we deliver $25k or 50% more profit per truck annually. This is a $50B dollar market opportunity in the US and will reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 5%.
We are looking for talented individuals who are passionate about electric vehicles, automation, or climate change. In this role you would have the opportunity to make a transformational impact on the road freight industry while also saving as much as 1 Billion tonnes of CO2 equivalent emissions annually. You would be a joining the founding team of an early stage, high growth company founded by the people behind Cruise Automation, which was acquired by GM for $1B in 2016.
We are delivering our first vehicles in 2023 and have rapid plans for expansion.
You will be responsible for the real time control hardware for both prototype and large volumes of our vehicle product, the SixWheel. The work will entail:
- PCB Layout and Simulation
- Board bring-up, debugging, design verification, and production
- Compliance with standards such as ISO 26262
- Full engineering lifecycle management, from system architecture design to deployment and maintenance
- Collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team of Mechanical Engineers, Controls Engineers, Robotics Engineers, Software Engineers, Business Development, Supply Chain, and Logistics.
- Reporting directly to the CEO
Note: none are required, but the more of these you have, the better!
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Experience with CAD software such as Altium, OrCAD, Allegro, PADS, and ANSYS
- Experience with designing and building electric vehicles
- Good communication skills (both day-to-day and for writing documentation, interfacing with third parties, etc)
- Embedded C
- A desire to continually improve yourself and the systems you are responsible for.
- Humility, honesty, and low ego in what you don't know
- Respectful confidence in what you do know
- Diligent and focused
Compensation and Benefits
- $150k-$220k Salary
- 1-2% Equity
- Generous PTO, Sick Leave, parental leave (6 months)
- 401k with employer matching
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
San Francisco Bay Area, Remote OK with periodic in-person integrations of boards