Founding Developer Relations Engineer (DevRel) (US Only)
14 Jan, 2023
$90000 — $130000 yearly
No experience required
We are looking for someone who can hustle and is excited to go all in. This is not a 9-5 job. We are working on very high impact products. This requires high velocity, low ego & lots of hunger. If that's you, we want to talk to you!
We are building APIs that brings Figma-like multiplayer & collaborative experience to any app. Imagine powering every shared experience on the web - like working together, booking trips together, learning together etc.
Today, 99% of all online tools we use are siloed and not collaborative. They are not built collaboration-first. With Snippyly, we will fix this.
We imagine a future where you can collaborate with anyone from anywhere like they were there. Snippyly will make the world more collaborative & enable everyone to build more great things together.
Why you should join us
1. You will be one of the first 10 employees & the first Developer Advocate hire
You will help shape:
- Our DevRel and engineering practices
- The direction & focus of our products
- Our company culture
- Our team of highly talented & driven individuals
2. Your work will matter: You will work on mission critical projects that will have a direct large impact on the company and our users.
3. Accelerated learning & growth: You will have 10x learning and growth in a short amount of time.
4. Define & set standards: The code that you write will define & set standards for the future of every shared experience on the web.
5. Ship fast to end users: Your work will get shipped fast (like super fast) and land directly into the hands of developers & all of their end users!
6. 0 to 1: You will have the front row seats to an incredible 0 to 1 journey.
We are a team of ex-Googlers. We've launched products like Augmented Reality in Google Search & Maps. As an early team member, you will work directly with the founders.
Snippyly closed its seed round earlier in March. We are backed by Y Combinator, Spider Capital, Amino Capital, First Row Partners and many angels from Google, Stripe etc.
Skills & Experience
- Have web development experience: Have worked 3+ years full-time as a web developer. Written & deployed web apps in 2 or more frameworks (React, NextJs, Vue, Angular etc). Open to 1+ years experience for exceptional candidates.
- Can communicate very simply: Can explain complex concepts, bugs, code & logic to both engineers & non-engineers in a simple, concise, jargon-free language.
- Have technical content experience: Have created developer facing content across multiple formats such as video, documentation, code samples & blog posts.
- Are an active contributor on dev communities: Have been contributing on developer communities like Stackoverflow, Reddit, Github, Hacker news, etc.
- Can work autonomously: Can break down problems & figure out solutions on your own & learn something you don’t have experience in.
Some examples of projects you could work on
- Build & nurture developer community by building tutorial videos, crafting blog posts, delivering talks, building code samples, documentation, developer tools, and helping to define how our team works with that community.
- Debug issues reported by customers and developers and help them become successful.
- Explore novel ways to grow the developer ecosystem.
- Collaborate with product & engineering teams to improve the platform based on developer community feedback.
We offer the following benefits to all full time employees:
- Competitive equity
- Employer-paid medical & dental coverage
- Meal stipend
- 401(k) plan
- Gym stipend
- House cleaning stipend
- Internet stipend
- Paid vacation
Work life balance
If you are looking for a 9-5 job, then this is not the right fit. Everyone on the team is hungry to learn, grow and make an impact. If you believe you can pour in your best, we want you!
We are building Snippyly to be an exceptional place to work. We value human time and energy and believe that it should be spent in making the world better. At Snippyly, we enable every member to have that deep impact with their time and energy.
We’re looking for entrepreneurial, no BS and hungry team members to join us on this rocketship journey! We’re currently a team of 5. You would be joining during an exceptionally exciting moment in our journey with tremendous upside — shaping our culture, engineering practises, team and product.
We often organize fun team offsites as well as meetups where we bring together high value smart individuals in the startup community so that we can connect, learn and grow with each other.
You can read more about the company culture here.
Come join us in this exciting journey ahead 🚀
Snippyly is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Snippyly is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Add multiplayer collaboration to your product.
More Full Time Jobs
Founding Engineering Team of CypherD Wallet
$90000 - $180000 yearly
Mobile App Developer - Flutter, Android & iOS
$100000 - $130000 yearly
Manager - Creator Community & Engagement
$110000 - $120000 yearly
Senior Technical Recruiter
$100000 - $180000 yearly