At UTVATE, we have the following long-term goals. Join us if your goals align with ours!
• We strive to take the best care of our team and help them fulfill their personal goals in life.
• We want to play a key role in solving the problem of the lack of affordable connectivity worldwide. Today, we are building the next generation of user terminals that can unlock the true capacity of satellite internet.
- Inform architecture decisions and setup the necessary toolchain for the selected architecture
- Design, code and test software using C/C++ on Embedded Linux based environments
- Develop, test and debug software in C/C++on Real-time operating systems (RTOS) such as FreeRTOS, Zephyr, ThreadX, etc.
- Create test scripts and internal development tools using Python or other scripting languages
- Collaborate with hardware engineers to develop software interfaces and device drivers for various hardware components
- Implement standard bus interface protocols such as I2C, SPI, UART, USB, etc.
- Implement secure TCP/IP-based network protocols to facilitate external communication over Ethernet
- Participate in code and design reviews to ensure high-quality software
- Perform unit and integration testing to ensure software functionality meets requirements
- Maintain version control systems, software documentation, and defect tracking tools
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of experience in embedded software design and development
- Experience with embedded software design and programming in C/C++ for development, debugging, testing and performance analysis
• Unlimited PTO plus 28 company-wide days off
• Parental leave designed by parents, for parents
• 401k with 5% company matching
• Individualized health, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your family
• Meaningful company stock ownership
• Quiet Weekends so you can rest, recharge, and be your best for many years
• No-Meeting Fridays
• $5k in wellness perk to invest in a healthier future for yourself
• All employees are expected to be at the office, in person, for a minimum of two days per week
Export Control Requirement
• To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, all applicants and employees must hold U.S. citizenship, lawful permanent residency, or protected status as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
Diversity and Inclusion
• UTVATE is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace
• We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
• We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics
• We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. Studies have shown that marginalized communities are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to still consider applying.
Note to Recruiters
• UTVATE does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or staffing agencies
• Please do not forward resumes to UTVATE employees
• UTVATE is not responsible for any fees for unsolicited resumes or candidates submitted by agencies