Remora is hiring an Electrical Engineer II - Controls who will design novel components and new electrical architecture for the Remora device, as well as hacking existing components to operate outside of their original design, all while helping to tackle the defining challenge of our time.
- Power electronics selection, wiring architecture, and energy management
- Converting components designed for AC power to run in DC 12V, 24V, or 48V systems
- Managing DC motor test benches for proper calibration
- Collaborating with the Software team to develop and calibrate control algorithms for DC motors
- Designing a battery management system for both 24V and 48V applications
- PCB design for low voltage control system
- Converting DC (12V, 24V, or 48V) into AC single phase 110 or 220, or into AC three phase 220 or 480
- Continuously improving electrical system safety, dependability, and manufacturability
- Debugging issues with the electrical and electro-mechanical systems
- Designing communication networks for protocols such as: CAN, RS232/432/485, I2C
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering and 4+ years of relevant work experience OR 6+ years of relevant work experience, ideally with design for automotive or similar applications
- Experience with DC/AC Power Systems and DC/AC Motors
- Experience with High Voltage Wiring and PCB Design
You’re the type of person who:
- Is highly organized with exceptional execution
- Is a clear, concise written and verbal communicator
- Has strong interpersonal skills
- Is excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Is passionate about tackling the climate crisis, and committed to equity and inclusion
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI - Detroit, MI
- Start date: by March 1, 2022
- COVID-19: Remora requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Applicants are required to submit proof of vaccination prior to beginning employment. Appropriate COVID-19 safety precautions are implemented in the workplace.
- Application process: We will review applications on a rolling basis. To begin, please fill out this application, and then we’ll follow up via email with next steps.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salaries (adjusted for geography) and equity ownership
- Healthcare (QSEHRA)
- Retirement (401k)
- Student loan assistance
- Four weeks of paid time off
- Dependent care assistance (childcare or eldercare)
- Parental leave
- Unlimited sick and compassionate leave
- Employee development and coaching
- Office setup (remote) or relocation (in-person) stipend
Climate change disproportionately impacts communities of color, so we’re looking for candidates deeply committed to reducing emissions and to racial justice. We especially encourage people of color, women, and members of other communities underrepresented in startups to apply.
Research shows that women and people of color are less likely to think they are qualified for a position after reading a list of requirements like the one above. If you are worried that you are not qualified, please apply anyway! We’re most excited to work with people who learn quickly and want to tackle the climate crisis.
To all recruitment agencies: Remora does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Remora employees or any other organization location. Remora is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.