What we're looking for
At Kiwi Biosciences, we believe everyone deserves to enjoy delicious and nutritious food free from chronic gut distress. Having experienced the struggle first-hand, we know how debilitating this can be and how difficult it is to navigate expert recommendations and the latest scientific research.
Not only do we strive to develop unique formulas that help people digest their favorite dishes painlessly, but we also aim to be an approachable brand that translates complicated concepts into practical guidance. We are looking for a Full Stack/Ecommerce Software Engineer to lay the technical foundation of our business by creating beautiful and performing digital experiences to delight our customers and overall stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Work with other team members (growth, customer experience, R&D, operations) to develop customer-facing software and internal tools.
- Develop curiosity to understand our customers and contribute with your own ideas.
- Develop solutions across multiple business domains: e-commerce, operations/fulfillment, R&D, and clinical.
- Build and release code frequently, with proper testing and documentation.
- Help establish engineering best practices that scale as Kiwi grows.
Who you are
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering, or you’ve successfully completed a coding boot camp.
- You have 2+ years of professional work experience building software tools in production environments.
- You have experience building web applications using modern architectures and frameworks like React/Next.js, Typescript, and Tailwind CSS.
- You have experience styling web experiences with pixel-perfect implementations.
- Experience building e-commerce (e.g., Shopify) sites is a plus.
- You have a solid understanding of relational and document-oriented databases.
- You have experience working with large amounts of relational data to produce insights using tools like AWS Redshift, SQL, Metabase, and Python, among others.
- You are willing (and hopefully excited) to learn new tools and frameworks as needed.
- Competitive compensation package.
- High-quality health insurance.
- Flexible vacation: hard work requires time off to rest and recharge. Kiwi employees take vacation at their discretion (in consultation with their managers).
- Professional development: team members are granted a yearly stipend for continuing education expenses.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.