DSP Engineer (Communications)
Array Labs is building a new distributed radar imaging constellation to power the first accurate, real-time 3D model of the world.
As a senior RF Systems Engineer on the Communications team, you will have the unique opportunity to shape the design of the first orbital MIMO radar imaging system. In this critical role, you will be collaborating with silicon, antenna, software, and other engineering teams to build cutting-edge solutions from clean-sheet design into full operational deployment in space.
- System-level and link-level design in support of a robust satellite communication and radar imaging system
- Work in close collaboration with ASIC/FPGA, RF/antenna, and software engineers to design and validate silicon-based systems
- Develop floating-point and fixed-point models and run simulations to analyze and validate overall system performance, including modem performance
- Support IC designers with bit-accurate and cycle-accurate vector generation for silicon verification
- Generate spacecraft and consumer equipment system specifications, requirements, and test procedures
- Support silicon bring-up and validation by developing and implementing system test plans
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, physics, computer engineering or electrical engineering
- 1+ years of experience in system-level modeling and/or digital signal processing
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering with emphasis in communication systems and/or digital signal processing
- 2+ years of professional experience in system-level modeling
- 2+ years of professional experience in working on aspects of multiple access schemes such as TDMA, CDMA and OFDMA
- 2+ years of professional experience in design and verification of high data rate wireless modems
- Expertise in MATLAB, C/C++, and/or Python
- Expertise in wireless communication standards, such as LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.
- Expertise in designing and implementing system-level procedures and algorithms
- Expertise in building and using system-level simulators and performance analysis
- Expertise in various multiple access schemes including downlink and uplink scheduler designs and tradeoffs
- Understanding of system link budgets and analysis related to communication systems
- Understanding of modem designs, link-level algorithms and hardware architectures
- Understanding of ASIC and FPGA development concepts, methodologies, and procedures
- Experience working in the lab and using lab equipment
- Experience in Git version control system
- Experience in Atlassian collaboration and automation tools: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, etc.
- Strong interpersonal/written/verbal communication skills and experience with cross-functional collaboration
- Strong teamwork skills combined with ability to work autonomously as an individual contributor
- High level of self-motivation and desire to be challenged and learn new skills
- Strong problem solving skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with changing needs and requirements
- Ability to meet tough goals under high pressure and manage time effectively
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.