14 Jan, 2023
$90000 — $130000 yearly
Hello there, I’m Michael and I recently joined MedMe as the Director of Engineering! I am no stranger to scaling healthcare technology companies and I am thrilled about leading and growing our dynamic, impact-driven team. As an engineer at heart, I thrive on building modern cloud based applications that help make healthcare better for everyone. We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our growing team, where you will have the opportunity to expand our engineering capabilities and platform on AWS. Our vision and product at MedMe has already disrupted the legacy platforms in pharmacy care delivery and we would love you to join us in further excelling our impact within our healthcare system.
Co-founders Nick, Rui, and Purya built MedMe together after identifying the biggest problem to be existing pharmacy software built 20 years ago with the primary purpose to sell drugs. Purya was a health data scientist for the government, Nick was a product engineer for the Tesla Roadster, and Rui is a Pharmacist. Our team is equally passionate about using pharmacists to provide more services for patients in the community.
We are building software for an industry that has relied on paper and pen for a long time. This is why crafting, building, and constantly improving the end-to-end customer experience is an essential part of our company. It’s crucial that we listen deeply to the diverse needs of our pharmacies - located anywhere from dense urban jungles to northern remote communities - to design and build for their needs to ultimately provide more proactive and sustainable care for the patients in their communities.
Our mission & vision
With having just raised $3.7M USD, our mission is to build an all-in-one cloud-based platform that empowers pharmacists to schedule, document, and manage clinical services at scale. Our clients include the two largest pharmacy chains in Canada, servicing 3500+ pharmacies across 10 provinces and touching millions of patients. Our ultimate vision is to transform pharmacies from today’s dispensing locations to tomorrow's health hubs. 💡
- Build templates of systems for engineers to leverage in our product and platform.
- We don’t “throw things over the wall”; our engineers are comfortable with CDK and ownership, but some objectives span more than just one team!
- Modernize our AWS infrastructure to better leverage hub and spoke architecture
- Enable security and compliance without roadblocks - automation is key!
- Collaborating on key technology decisions to shape the architecture and platform roadmap
- Sharing your depth and breadth of knowledge through peer mentorship
- Taking an active role in developing our engineering team by creating new ways of operating within AWS and training them to better leverage them
- Working with code and project management tools such as JIRA/Notion/Figma
- Learning industry best practices for HIPAA and SOC2 environments
As an example, here are some projects you could expect to work on:
- Scaling our environments using the AWS CDK (IaC)
- Create reusable components (e.g. monitoring, logging, networking) for our cloud native application
- Migrate our healthcare platform off AWS Amplify
- Automate maintenance between our multiple AWS regions
- Create a CIS benchmark compliant infrastructure using security hub
Your tech stack
- AWS: Containers on ECS, RDS (Postgres), Lambda, All the usual networking suspects - VPC, Subnet, API & NAT Gateways, Cloudfront
- CDK or Terraform a plus (we use CDK)
- Github & Github actions
- Slack & Giphy & Tenor (our gif game is strong)
- Collaborating on Figma, Figjam, and Notion
What you bring to the table
- You are an experienced DevOps engineer with more than a few years of experience.
- (^ We don’t believe in years of experience, however, a typical senior member on our team has 5+ years)
- You are a team player and you enjoy working with your fellow team members to work through the ideas, problems,
- You have a growth mindset and you seek out opportunities to grow.
- Your communication style is open, concise, and effective; you can easily explain technical to non-technical parties.
- You care about the product and about the end-user.
- You are a process-builder; we enjoy working with engineers who are ready to help improve our processes and make them more scalable.
- Experience in monitoring and observability, in platforms like Datadog or NewRelic
Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed above. We believe in growth and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and are excited about this opportunity, then we want to hear from you!
How We Hire
- MedMe is committed to a fair and equitable hiring process for all candidates. To ensure that each candidate’s journey is consistent and the selection process is unbiased, the team at MedMe will not be responding to any personal messages regarding this role or other opportunities.
The Interview Process
- Round 1: Virtual 45-minute technical interview with Michael, Director of Engineering
- Round 2: Virtual 60 minute coding challenge + review with Michael, Director of Engineering
- Round 3: Virtual 30-minute interview with the Engineering team.
- Round 4: Virtual 30-minute with the Co- Founders, Purya Sarmadi (CEO), Rui Su (COO) and Nicholas Hui (Head of Product)
- Round 5: Conduct References & Offer
Annual Salary ranges from $90,000 CAD to $130,000 CAD
Perks at MedMe
- Equity from 0.01%-0.1%, depending on experience and impact
- Flexible health benefit plan - Full dental, vision, physical & mental health plus health spending account
- Performance development support (yearly budget for courses & conferences)
- Annual allowance to spend on tech and equipment
- Quarterly on-site team retreats!
Location Based in Toronto, Canada, however, we are a fully remote team.
MedMe is a proud equal opportunity workplace that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We’re looking for motivated and compassionate people who can execute from the ground up and support the work that MedMe believes in.
MedMe is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application.
About MedMe Health
Software for pharmacies to move beyond dispensing
More Full Time Jobs
Senior Director of Finance
$200000 - $220000 yearly
Leasing & Lifestyle Coordinator
$35000 - $45000 yearly
Founding Sales Development Representative
$65000 - $90000 yearly
Developer Relations (DevRel)
$60000 - $80000 yearly