18 Jan, 2023
$90000 — $120000 yearly
Born at Y Combinator alongside Airbnb, Dropbox, and DoorDash, DevCycle is a feature management platform that helps modern engineering teams improve their software development process and ship features faster with confidence. DevCycle has a new vision of feature management that goes beyond risk reduction and enables dev teams to maximize product impact. It’s built for dev teams tired of the stress, complexity, and risk of releasing new code. Join the team responsible for the platform chosen by high-growth start-ups to Fortune 500 companies worldwide. We're designing the future of software development. Learn more about DevCycle here.
About the Role: Developer Evangelist
We have the privilege of building and marketing a tool by developers for developers at some of the most respected brands in the world, like RBC, GrubHub, and Warby Parker. Your role as a Developer Evangelist is to build awareness of DevCycle in the developer community. You will work with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities to engage with the developer and DevOps professionals authentically. As the Developer Evangelist, you will create and deliver presentations, and webinars, join industry podcasts and write technical content that is engaging, valuable, and relatable to the community. In addition, you will build relationships with key developers and influencers in the developer community that can further amplify the brand. This is a full-time, hybrid role based in Toronto, Canada.
How you’ll make a huge impact:
- Work with our existing engineering leadership to formulate opinions on industry practices and identify the brand's stance.
- Support the CTO in identifying opportunities that will build his personal brand.
- Lead conversations about feature management and development best practices with the developer community and continue to build our community of subscribers and users inspired by DevCycle.
- Create technical videos and blogs that are thought-provoking, educational, valuable and inspiring to developers.
- Analyze what topics reach, resonate, and engage with developers.
- Identify new channels developers hang out in to increase reach and share thought leadership content where appropriate.
- Present or participate as a speaker/panellist at events, conferences, and webinars on behalf of the brand.
- Provide feedback on messaging and copy created by marketing.
- Keep the organization up to date on the latest technology trends and best practices the community is discussing.
- Identify strategic co-marketing partners and influencers that share the same audience.
- Manage conference CFP (Call-for-proposal) applications.
- Addressing community questions on GitHub issues, Stack Overflow, Discord
- Keep up with and attend industry events.
What an incredible candidate looks like:
- At least one year of developer evangelist, advocate or relations role
- Computer science or software engineering education
- A strong and enthusiastic communicator
- Confident in speaking to audiences of all sizes
- Hungry to experiment with new technologies
- Passionate about modern engineering practices, including feature flags and continuous deployment
- Ability to translate complex topics into simple presentations and written content
- Knowledge of social media best practices and developer channels
What you’ll get from us:
Our growing team works with some of the world’s best-known brands on very complex and unique technical challenges. Our culture of building, learning and experimentation through collaboration allows us to work on new ideas and try out innovative tech and processes. This means you’ll add valuable experience to your resume quickly and have lots of opportunity for personal and career growth. While you’re working to grow the company, we’ll have your back with a competitive salary, mentorship, Employee Stock Options, unlimited vacation, education reimbursement, and robust health benefits starting day one.
We have a hybrid work environment that allows you to do your best work where it makes the most sense to do so. We have a modern office in the heart of the King St & Spadina tech hub for our team to collaborate, plan, and do creative work together, or just enjoy a new space to work in. We offer catered lunches so you can connect with your team members and get to know other teams. We approach internal meetings with a hybrid-first approach and will provide work equipment for both home and in-office use.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We strive to build a diverse team that embodies our values of mutual collaboration and respect. We recognize how the input of different experiences can positively impact the product and service we deliver to our customers.
Optimize any platform and build better products for your customers!
More Full Time Jobs
Front End Engineer (React)
$90000 - $160000 yearly
Site Reliability Engineer
$120000 - $160000 yearly
Marketing & Growth Manager
$100000 - $130000 yearly
Software Engineer Lead
$80000 - $150000 yearly
Software Engineer (Test/DevOps)
$90000 - $160000 yearly