Data Science Engineer
31 Mar, 2023
The Data Science Engineer will work closely with the CTO and Data and Engineering Team to build the core bioinformatics and data platform at the heart of the company's drug discovery engine. You will build proprietary databases by integrating complex and multimodal datasets, and apply data mining and machine learning techniques to drive insights and discover new therapies. You will build and optimize the company's bioinformatics pipelines for both preclinical discovery and clinical trial support, including working alongside the clinical team to support the processing of tens of thousands of samples.
Who We’re Looking For
- You have a Masters or PhD in Data Science, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Physics or closely related disciplines.
- You have over three years of industry experience in data science, machine learning, or software development, and are skilled in Python, its data science ecosystem, and SQL. You also have experience with version control systems like Git.
- You possess a strong sense of statistical intuition and are comfortable creating and testing hypotheses with data. You can identify weak spots in analysis and propose improvements.
- You have experience working and scaling a cloud computing environment and are familiar with cloud environments such as AWS, containerization technologies (e.g., Docker), high-performance computing, and deployment.
- You take pride in delivering high-quality code that is clean, efficient, and maintainable, and you have a keen eye for appropriate design patterns and software architectures.
- You exhibit a proactive approach to problem-solving, thinking beyond the specific task at hand, taking ownership of challenges and pride in solving them.
- You have a mature mindset in ambiguous situations, helping to frame questions and seek clarity. At the same time, you can make decisions in the face of uncertainty.
- You are a clear and concise communicator, conveying information effectively in written and verbal communication. You enjoy collaborating with and guiding colleagues in a multidisciplinary team.
- You are motivated by making a real impact, and are committed to tackling problems of significant consequence with determination and creativity.
- You have worked with genomics or microbiome data sets.
Why Join Output Biosciences
Joining Output Biosciences means that you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the development of a new category of therapeutics, which will fundamentally revolutionize the way people live. As a member of the early team, you will be at the forefront of a new era of drug development, characterized by unparalleled safety and speed to market. If you are passionate about making a difference in people's lives, and have a strong desire to contribute to the treatment and prevention of chronic diseases, then this is the perfect place for you.
- ❤️ Heart: We foster a culture of ownership. We are assembling a team of individuals who are passionate and take pride in their contributions.
- 🏆 Excellence: We have an unwavering commitment to excellence and continuously challenge ourselves to reach the highest standards.
- 🚀 Practicality: We value practicality and results-oriented thinking. We are committed to making a tangible impact on the lives of our patients and the broader community.
- 📣 Honesty: We place a high value on honesty and directness. We firmly believe in addressing issues as they arise, in an open and transparent manner.
- 🎮 Fun: We believe that life is too short to not have fun. That's why we're committed to creating an engaging and enjoyable work environment. Our goal is to create a workplace that is fun, rewarding and fulfilling.
What We Offer
- We encourage new and different ideas, creativity and contrarian thinking. We are looking forward to further shaping our culture with early team members. You’ll have a chance to make your mark!
- You own your day-to-day management. We don’t care when or where you work, we care if we all hit our milestones.
- Competitive salary and equity in a growing, well-funded startup
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Healthy feedback focused environment to help you strive - leadership will have high expectations, regularly share constructive feedback, support you and help you grow, and welcome receiving feedback and ideas from you.