Data Operations Manager
30 Jun, 2022
About the role
Firstbase.io is hiring a Data Ops Manager - New Products as a pivotal role to build the data foundations for the company. If you love embracing new technologies and pushing the boundaries of what is possible, with a view to building products that improve how people operate software and infrastructure everywhere, you are in the right place.
This person will provide the capability to enable solutions, develop data products, and activate data for business value across all technology tiers from infrastructure to experience. Your DataOps team will bring together DevOps teams with data engineers and data scientists to provide the tools, processes and organizational structures to support the data-focused enterprise.
Firstbase is building an all-in-one Company OS to help define how founders across the globe launch, manage, and grow their businesses.
More than ten thousand founders from over a hundred countries have used our incorporation product, Firstbase Start, to launch their startups. For many founders, "firstbase.io" has become what they type into their address bars when they think about incorporating a business.
We are backed by Y Combinator & our team, investors, and advisors include people from Apple, Gusto, Carta, Wise, Plaid, and many other great companies.
Why you should join
Firstbase is much more than just incorporation. Our team is dedicated to building products & solving some of the startups’ hardest problems, with a particular focus in:
- Democratizing access to financial infrastructure
- Automating tasks every founder faces when running a business
- Making tools and resources more accessible to everyone, everywhere
- Building-integrated solutions for founders and removing friction
- Delivering opportunities to traditionally overlooked founders and companies
- Democratizing access to knowledge
Join us on a mission to help more companies succeed!
Who are we looking for
We are looking for risk-takers with diverse experience able to provide fearless feedback.
You will have the following duties
- Leads a team of data engineers for all stages of design and development for complex, secure and performant data solutions and models, including design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration of structured/unstructured data;
- Builds and manages relationships throughout the organization as well as collaborates and communicates with the project team regarding project progress and issue resolution;
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with architecture, security and quality guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk;
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall data systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities;
- Represents the data engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects;
- Use analytics techniques to create business impacts.
You should meet the following requirements
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent;
- Strong project management experience - demonstrated ability to launch and deliver multiple, concurrent projects on time and within budget successfully;
- Experience with Data Architecture, Data Warehouse, Data Modeling, and DataOps;
- Experience with some programming language like: SQL, Python, etc.;
- Desirable knowledge about Data Governance and Quality.
Some perks you might enjoy
Competitive salary: We lean on some of the best market data to ensure that we offer the most competitive compensation.
Hybrid work environment: We work both remotely & from our offices in New York City in São Paulo – optimizing for collaboration while providing flexibility to team members.
21 days of PTO + birthday off: We offer flexibility to allow people to relax and recharge whenever they need it.
Build your ideal work setup: We understand that how you work is extremely important, so we provide a stipend to set you up for success here at Firstbase.
Health benefits: Firstbase offers health insurance reimbursements to US and international employees.
Learning and development: We provide a stipend together with resources to help people grow and develop in their careers.
Amazing quarterly bonus: Every team at Firstbase has a bonus structure that usually accounts for 20-25% of OTE.
If you think you’re unqualified or don’t meet all the requirements for this role, we encourage you to still apply. We celebrate diverse candidates, adjacent experiences, and simply put, good people who want to build great things. If that’s you, then we’d love to meet.