25 Jun, 2022
At Tydo, you’ll get the benefits of working directly in the consumer ecommerce world, while also tackling exciting data viz and engineering problems. We see learning and collaboration as the best parts of our day and believe spending 10% of your time making the other 90% of your life easier as a good bet. We are meeting-lite, lean, and hungry. That being said, we drop things as soon as we can to help each other out. We enjoy working with each other and are keen on solving complex eCommerce and logistics problems.
We are a data-first company; we load it, transform it, and tell stories with it. We’re backed by Greylock Partners, YCombinator and top-tier e-commerce and fintech founders.
About the Role
As a Content Writer, you will be central to Tydo's success by writing and editing content across key channels with a main focus on Tydo's blog, The Pulse. You'll create edit, and help ship blog posts as well as assist in the process of developing and writing multiple, new content series that’ll span across a multitude of channels (video, audio, social, email, etc).
At Tydo, we have big plans for content in 2022. We’re expanding and growing our content ecosystem. We’re looking for a strong writer who’s excited about ecommerce/DTC and passionate about storytelling.
- Write, draft, and edit blog pieces, including interviews with some of the biggest ecommerce founders, operators, and investors.
- Revise content for audience interest, clarity, quality, adherence to strategy, grammar and punctuation.
- Assist in the development of new content series, spanning audio, video, and written formats.
- Develop standard operating procedures for the planning, execution, optimization, distribution, and amplification of Tydo’s content.
- Work closely with other departments within Tydo, including marketing, partnerships, and product.
- Continuously identify ways to innovate content creation, distribution - new formats or executions, and emerging market opportunities.
- Brainstorm and execute ways to repurpose Tydo’s content across social in an engaging, clever, and informative way.
- Turn customer challenges into compelling stories.
This is a freelance role, but there are also opportunities down the line for our freelance team members to grow into full-time writers if that’s something that interests them. If you have no interest in going full-time, that's fine! But if you'd be open to exploring it in the future, as we continue to grow, that'd be great, too.
Who you’ll be working with
You’ll work directly with the Brand and Content Marketing Lead and collaborate cross-functionally with Growth, Partnerships, Customer Success, Design, Product, and more!
- You are passionate about the DTC/E-commerce, Analytics and SaaS.
- You have 1+ years of writing experience in any of the following industries: DTC, emerging technologies, analytics, product marketing, business or SaaS (if you don’t have experience all of these, we’d still want to hear from you).
- You’re comfortable long-form writing and editing. You can explain complex concepts clearly and concisely, in a way that’s digestible and easy to understand.
- You have experience repurposing content, such as turning a webinar into an article, social posts, and email content.
- You write with personality but not in a way that’s cliché or over the top. You strike the right balance between smart, informative, and clever.
- You have the ability to get up to speed on a new topic very quickly and you have a deep curiosity and drive to master new subject areas in order to produce work that resonates authentically with the customer. You're always learning.
- You're accountable, organized, agile, detail-oriented, hardworking, and focused. You consistently meet deadlines.
- A true self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, managing your own priorities and adapting where challenges and opportunities are commonplace. You are enthusiastic about remote work.
- You’re a strong analytical thinker that understands there can be a thrilling story found within data and you are excited with the prospect of communicating these stories to sophisticated audiences in creative ways.
- You’re a clear communicator, who works effectively with others, delivering results with minimal guidance.
Why this role is unique
- Combination of DTC + SaaS - You get the best of both worlds: B2C and B2B. We aren’t your typical SaaS company in that we are catering to people who understand how to market to consumers REALLY well. So we get to be experts in both.
- Core to Growth - Content is a key growth lever that provides a broader network effect across all marketing efforts. Your role is key to the success of the marketing program at large.
- Inside View Of Leading Companies - This role is an interesting way to get an inside view of strategies from leading DTC companies. You will get to learn from leaders, understand trends across the industry, and become a knowledge expert in growing industries like DTC, e-commerce, analytics, performance marketing and machine learning.
- Tydo Network - The role will contribute to the Tydo community of tech partners and DTC brands, likely interfacing with some of the coolest founders and operators out there.
Performance analytics for today's DTC brands
More Contract Jobs
Marketing Executive - US
$40000 - $48000 yearly