About the role
As a first Business Development Representative at Anakin, you will work directly with the founders to setup the messaging and reach-out processes of sales from zero to one. You will work with the inside sales manager or generate leads on your own - whatever is needed to win large businesses like Uber and Walmart for high-ticket size ($100K+ ACV) deals. The right candidate needs to have a proven track record of being a highly energetic and focused getting-shit-done kind of person.
We're currently remote but will move to office in Bangalore in Feb 2023.
Your Responsibilities would be to:
- Perform market research, customer segmentation and identification to figure out who could be Anakin’s clients
- Find new leads and proactively contact them through outgoing calls and emails; actively sell and support new categories and departments
- Report sales metrics, establish sales targets, design and implement strategies to meet the targets and map the accounts to identify new opportunities
- Do whatever needs to be done - call, email, message, travel to help the Sales Executive close
- 2+ years of work experience in sales in software, DaaS or SaaS markets
- Good experience in performing secondary market research and market segmentation.
- Experience managing cross-functional projects in fast-paced, dynamic settings
- Excellent communication skills- both internal and external facing. Extreme fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Expert in MS suite, especially MS Excel
- Ability to execute and manage many tasks in parallel
- Deep passion for working at an early-stage startup
- Again, excellent communication skills.
- Times zones are not fixed and might keep changing depending on the client.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
- Must have an aversion to politics and BS. Should let his/her work speak for him/her
- Must be comfortable with uncertainty. In almost all the cases, your job will be to figure it out
- Must not be bounded to comfort zone. Often, you will need to challenge yourself to go above and beyond