Checking quality is one of the most important tasks at Anakin. Our clients are pricing their products based on our data, and minor errors on our end can lead to our client's losses of millions of dollars. You would work with multiple tools and with people across various departments to ensure the accuracy of the data being crawled. You would setup manual and automated processes and make sure they run to ensure the highest possible data quality.
You are the engineer other engineers can count on. You embrace every problem with enthusiasm. You remove hurdles, are a self-starter, team player. You have the hunger to venture into unknown areas and make the system work.
Experience in large companies is not required to be successful here - rather we look for smart, motivated, collaborative engineers who love solving problems and want to make an impact on our inspiring mission. You will have full ownership of challenging problems, working with a team of enthusiastic engineers designing solutions that propel Anakin toward our goals at a rapid pace. Mission success at Anakin depends on the software you produce.
Your Responsibilities would be to:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Reporting the results back to the relevant members of the business
- Identifying patterns and trends in data sets
- Optimize data quality codebases and systems to monitor the Anakin family of app crawlers
- Analyze data and bugs that require in-depth investigations
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Extremely effective, self-driven builder
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to use critical thinking daily to manage daily tasks while being goal-oriented
- Experience in:
-SQL / ETL
-Data validation and visualization
-DOMO / Tableau (any BI Tool)
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Broad understanding of the landscape of data engineering design patterns and principles
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a highly stressful environment during removing bugs in run-time within minutes
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
- Must have an aversion to politics and BS. Should let his/her work speak for him/her.
- Must be comfortable with uncertainty. In almost all the cases, your job will be to figure it out.
- Must not be bounded to comfort zone. Often, you will need to challenge yourself to go above and beyond.