Account Executive (Sales Head)
03 Jul, 2022
Scispot, a YC-backed company, is on a mission to support the companies that matter. Our customers are biotech labs that are healing, fueling, and feeding the world. We have an amazing product used by companies across North America, Europe, and Africa. Since launching Scispot, we have grown a lot and are nearly profitable which is a good sign given the condition of the economic climate.
We are looking to hire our first sales person to a high-performing team which means you will be an early team member. You will be in a semi-full cycle role; taking discovery calls to closed-won deals. Our sales process has been firmly validated and is highly efficient.
We have already gone from zero to one. We are looking for a talented Account Executive (Sales Head) who can lead our growth from 1 to n, and make Scispot a go-to platform for all bio startups in North America and beyond.
This is a remote-friendly role with flexible hours.
- Own the most important metric in the business: net-new revenue
- Work closely with the CEO to scale up the already efficient sales process
- Give thorough discovery calls, qualify firmly, manage trials and expectations, and push deals through all the usual closing steps. Our lead generation has historically been inbound heavy with highly personalized outbound campaigns for target accounts.
- Keep your deals updated in the CRM for weekly pipeline reviews and prepare hand-off notes to the product team.
- Be a company and brand advocate: our customers love us and the sales process (yes, we receive compliments on the sales process)
- Support the CX, product, and engineering teams as you receive feedback from prospects to align with product strategy and direction.
- Build an innovative sales pipeline that reduces the customer acquisition cost
- Work with co-founders to improve the sales conversion by creating thoughtful material that highlights the product differentiation
- Carry out competitive analysis to build 'Go to market', positioning, and sales strategy
- Naturally persuasive, curious, and personable with excellent discovery and closing skills.
- Relentless about hitting goals. If one path fails, you can quickly find another path.
- Someone is solution-oriented and gets things done in opaque, siloed, or dynamic internal environments
- Strong written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- A keen interest in helping to efficiently scale an early-stage sales process.
- High confidence, low ego, and generally a good human being
- Consistently hits or is above quota
- Bonus points for life science tech experience
- Bonus points for working at a successful early/mid-stage start-up