We're looking for our team's first Character Artist, who has a wealth of artistic experience (Senior-Principal). You must be proficient in character modeling and texturing. Animation, Rigging, and Unreal Engine experience is a huge plus. You will work on modular humanoid characters, and ideally creatures / non-humanoids as well.
You will lead all aspects of characters in DreamWorld, determining prioritization of immediate work, rapidly executing it, and setting the foundation for future art hires.
You should take this job if you:
- Passionate about making and playing games.
- Want to be a founding member of a company where you steer artistic vision, product design, and future growth.
- Want to have a visible, critical impact on weekly releases.
- Enjoy minimal process and deciding what you work on every week.
- Strongly proficient in industry standard software such as Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter/Designer, and Photoshop.
- Work with the technical partners to define and refine the look and feel of the characters for the project.
- Collaborate with Engineering and other artists to develop the character creation and integration pipeline.
- Ensure character assets are of the highest artistic quality.
- Experienced with Unreal Engine
- Portfolio demonstrates relevant skills.