full time | los angeles, ca
We’re an incredibly early stage startup working on building the future of social. We are not excited about a future where humans spend the majority of their day in a virtual world. By facilitating genuine human connections, we're building a product that swings the pendulum in the other direction.
We’re backed by an incredible set of investors including General Catalyst, Y Combinator, Goodwater Capital, 1517 Fund, Unpopular Ventures, Cory Levy, Julian Weisser, Ben Taft, Crescent Fund & more.
what you’ll be doing:
You will be joining 222 as one of its first full-time engineering hires - spearheading all things back-end engineering, ML, front-end, & infrastructure - you’ll be working directly with the CTO to scale our back-end and build a world-class engineering team.
- Heading back-end development focused on APIs & ML
- Working with other engineers & founders to accelerate infrastructure reliability through testing, system design, & data analysis
- Build a company-wide set of engineering principles & code quality
who you are:
- You’re passionate about solving the problem 222 is tackling
- Demonstrated history of building outside of work/school (projects/products, applications, music, art, etc.)
- Regardless of personal experience, you’re excited about wearing different hats across ML, back-end engineering & architecture
- You have experience working with web frameworks, microservices, & APIs
- You have experience scaling the backend/infrastructure of a live software product
- You have experience working with Flask, Python & Docker
- You have experience working with & understand deeply:
- Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Dtree, Random Forest
- K-Nearest Neighbour, Support Vector Machine
- Single Layer Perceptron, Multi-Layer Perceptron, Feed Forward
- CNN, RNN, LSTM, GRU, BERT
- Naive Bayes, Markov-Model, Graph Models, etc.
- You have a strong stance on the ethics surrounding user psychology in social products
- Bonus: you have experience building social-recommender systems using graph neural networks
- Bonus: you have experience writing/shipping front-end code in an Agile Software Lifecycle
we’re looking for this type of person:
🖌️ machine learning researcher & engineer
🧠 first principles thinking
🏗️ history of building things from scratch
🙇♂️ strongly opinionated about our current social fabric and its future
what we’re offering:
💸 competitive salary + equity
📈 a chance to join an extremely early-stage startup backed by an incredible set of investors
🖥️ the opportunity to work IRL with a team of co-workers and hopefully friends :)
what is 222 ?
We're not a dating app.
We're not a friend-making service.
We're a platform for unique social experiences.
No profiles, no DMs, no scrolling, no swiping.
Just say "yes" & explore the chance encounters you'd have never experienced.