Customer Facing Developer
01 Apr, 2023
$150000 — $185000 yearly
AssemblyAI is a remote-first AI company building powerful deep learning models for developers, startups, and enterprises to transcribe and understand their audio data.
Our ASR models already outperform companies like Google, AWS, and Microsoft - which is why hundreds of companies and thousands of developers are using our APIs to transcribe and understand millions of videos, podcasts, phone calls, and zoom meetings every day. Our APIs power innovative products like conversational intelligence platforms, zoom meeting summarizers, content moderation, and automatic closed captioning.
AssemblyAI’s Speech-to-Text APIs are already trusted by Fortune 500s, startups, and thousands of developers around the world, with well-known customers including Spotify, Algolia, Dow Jones, Happy Scribe, BBC, The Wall Street Journal, and NBCUniversal. As part of a huge and emerging market, AssemblyAI is well on its way to becoming the leader in speech recognition and NLP.
We're growing at breakneck speed, and recently announced our Series B round. We've raised $63M in total funding, and are backed by leading investors including Insight Partners, Accel, Y Combinator, Patrick and John Collision (Founders of Stripe), Nat Friedman (Former CEO of GitHub), and Daniel Gross (Entrepreneur & Investor in companies including GitHub, Uber & SpaceX)!
Our ambition is to build an iconic AI company, making advanced deep learning technology accessible to everyday developers through a simple API, good docs, and a great developer experience.
Join our world-class, remote team and help us build an iconic deep learning company!
We're looking for a Customer Facing Developer whose top priority is helping customers explore the potential of AssemblyAI through building innovative proof of concept applications. You'll guide customers through the development process, from design to deployment, ensuring their visions come to life while highlighting the power of our platform.
As a key member of our Solutions team, you'll work cross-functionally with Sales, Customer Success, and Product to gain a deep understanding of customer needs and ensure they are realized through your full-stack development expertise. Equipped with strong communication skills, you'll translate complex technical concepts into a simple, engaging customer experience.
Reporting to the Solutions Team Lead, you'll help establish best practices for customer engagement and product improvement as we continue scaling. You'll have the opportunity to build truly transformative applications that push the boundaries of what's possible with artificial intelligence.
To our customers and the AssemblyAI team alike, you'll serve as a trusted technical advisor and partner in enabling their success. We're looking for someone passionate about emerging technologies, building impactful solutions, and delivering an amazing customer experience.
- 4+ years of experience leveraging web technologies and API’s to build full featured applications.
- 2+ years of experience working in a customer facing role (Sales or Customer Success).
- Experience troubleshooting API issues and triaging issues around customer integrations.
- Experience working in a high growth environment such as a startup.
- Experience building solutions for and troubleshooting full-stack applications.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Willingness to take ownership and execute - can work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple time sensitive projects, and work towards customer solutions as quickly as possible.
- High competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via channels such as email, phone, etc.
- Interest in utilizing customer feedback to identify and drive improvements in our products.
- Capable of coordinating with multiple stakeholders and efficiently prioritizing tasks.
Our team is made up of problem solvers, innovators and top AI researchers with over 20+ years of experience in Machine Learning, NLP, and Speech Recognition from companies like DeepMind, Google Brain, Meta, Apple and Amazon. They conduct cutting edge deep learning research and develop novel algorithms & techniques to continually push the state of the art in speech recognition & NLP!
Our team is fully remote, and our culture is super collaborative, low-ego, transparent, and fast-paced. We want to win - and have a flat organization where everyone can openly share ideas (regardless of their title or position) in order to get the best idea.
As a remote company, our team members are given a lot of trust and autonomy to work where and how they want. We look for people to join our team who are ambitious, curious, and self-motivated, and we put a lot of trust and autonomy into everyone on our team. We want to empower everyone to do their best work with whatever tools, structures, or resources they need to perform at their highest potential.
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- 100% Remote team
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium Healthcare (100% Covered for you + dependents)
- Vision & Dental Care
- $1K budget for your home office setup
- New Macbook Pro (or PC if you prefer)
- 2x/year company paid team retreat
APIs for AI models
More Full Time Jobs
Intermediate Product Designer
$70000 - $100000 yearly
Founding Full-Stack Engineer (front-end leaning)
$150000 - $180000 yearly
Full-Stack Infrastructure/ML Engineer
$100000 - $125000 yearly
Account Executive (SaaS Sales - India/ APAC)
$1200000 - $2000000 yearly
Founding Android Engineer
$600000 - $1500000 yearly