Software Engineer, Data
24 Mar, 2023
$120000 — $165000 yearly
AssemblyAI is a remote-first AI company building powerful deep learning models for developers, startups, and enterprises to transcribe and understand their audio data.
Our ASR models already outperform companies like Google, AWS, and Microsoft - which is why hundreds of companies and thousands of developers are using our APIs to transcribe and understand millions of videos, podcasts, phone calls, and zoom meetings every day. Our APIs power innovative products like conversational intelligence platforms, zoom meeting summarizers, content moderation, and automatic closed captioning.
AssemblyAI’s Speech-to-Text APIs are already trusted by Fortune 500s, startups, and thousands of developers around the world, with well-known customers including Spotify, Algolia, Dow Jones, Happy Scribe, BBC, The Wall Street Journal, and NBCUniversal. As part of a huge and emerging market, AssemblyAI is well on its way to becoming the leader in speech recognition and NLP.
We're growing at breakneck speed, and recently announced our Series B round. We've raised $63M in total funding, and are backed by leading investors including Insight Partners, Accel, Y Combinator, Patrick and John Collision (Founders of Stripe), Nat Friedman (Former CEO of GitHub), and Daniel Gross (Entrepreneur & Investor in companies including GitHub, Uber & SpaceX)!
Our ambition is to build an iconic AI company, making advanced deep learning technology accessible to everyday developers through a simple API, good docs, and a great developer experience.
Join our world-class, remote team and help us build an iconic deep learning company!
T he Role
We're looking for a Data Engineer with strong back-end and cloud engineering skills. You'll build highly scalable, internal ETL pipelines and processes to help unlock the next chapter of our ML research capabilities. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement data lakes and data warehouses to support rapidly growing data sets
- Build, debug, and troubleshoot distributed data pipelines
- Instrument systems with metrics, tracing, and logging
- Generate reports on data and pipeline metrics for stakeholders
- Refactor applications to eliminate tech debt
You'll love this job if you....
- Enjoy working with internal stakeholders
- Enjoy taking ownership and solving complex technical problems, even when there is no perfect solution
- You're excited to take initiative and tackle big technical challenges like building highly scalable architectures
- 3+ Years of professional experience working as a Data Engineer or similar position
- 3+ Years of working with Python, SQL and NoSQL
- 2+ Years working with cloud services from GCP, AWS, or similar
- 2+ Years building containerized solutions
- 1+ Years experience with data modeling and database design
- 1+ Years experience with big data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, BigQuery, or Redshift
- 1+ Years experience working with PySpark, Pandas, or Scala
- Has worked at a startup or high growth company
- Inquisitive. You’re always in search for both novel and effective solutions even when within highly constrained time and resources.
- Fast learner. Ramping up on difficult topics is a trivial task for you.
- Good sense of code structuring. You strive for making your code speak for itself and be readable by other humans.
- Proactive self starter. Driven to accomplish tasks, while acknowledging the value of seeking help when faced with a challenge.
Nice to Have
- Professional experience building internal front-end apps including data analytics dashboards
- Professional experience working with Kubernetes
- Experience collaborating with Data Scientists
- Machine learning experience - Has worked with machine learning models at scale
Remote Locations: North America, LATAM, Europe
Our team is made up of problem solvers, innovators and top AI researchers with over 20+ years of experience in Machine Learning, NLP, and Speech Recognition from companies like DeepMind, Google Brain, Meta, Apple and Amazon. They conduct cutting edge deep learning research and develop novel algorithms & techniques to continually push the state of the art in speech recognition & NLP!
Our team is fully remote, and our culture is super collaborative, low-ego, transparent, and fast-paced. We want to win - and have a flat organization where everyone can openly share ideas (regardless of their title or position) in order to get the best idea.
As a remote company, our team members are given a lot of trust and autonomy to work where and how they want. We look for people to join our team who are ambitious, curious, and self-motivated, and we put a lot of trust and autonomy into everyone on our team. We want to empower everyone to do their best work with whatever tools, structures, or resources they need to perform at their highest potential.
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- 100% Remote team
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium Healthcare (100% Covered for you + dependents)
- Vision & Dental Care
- $1K budget for your home office setup
- New Macbook Pro (or PC if you prefer)
- 2x/year company paid team retreat
APIs for AI models
More Full Time Jobs
Jr. Product Designer
$500 - $1000 yearly
Senior Payroll Specialist
$15000 - $20000 yearly
Staff Data Engineer
$5000000 - $6500000 yearly
Freight Appointment Clerk
$431426 - $1006660 yearly
Human Resources Manager
$75000 - $90000 yearly