Founding Engineer (Fullstack)
What you’ll do
Engineers at Medplum are comfortable working on new products under fluid conditions, seamlessly balancing tactical and strategic considerations.
- Design, develop, and maintain infrastructure, features and enhancements product for an open source project
- Collaborate with other engineers to deliver new features and improvements to the product in a highly regulated environment
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code and tests using modern Typescript and React best practices
- Contribute to and maintain infrastructure as code for major cloud platforms like AWS, GCP and Microsoft Azure
- Identify and troubleshoot issues effectively for technical infrastructure
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in technical infrastructure, performance, security and data management
- Mentor enterprise customers and community members and provide guidance on best practices and industry standards.
- Have a strong technical background, including 5+ years of experience designing and engineering large-scale systems
- Understand good practices of building scalable systems and working with APIs and front end technologies
- Measure your success in terms of business impact, not lines of code
- Internalize the best ideas from across the organization, humbly setting a vision that others are excited to get behind
- Work well cross-functionally and earn trust from co-workers at all levels. You are often cited as the inspiration for engineers in the community
- Care deeply about learning, teaching and mentorship and growing those around you
- Prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what will last and scale
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different areas of expertise. Engineering works closely with a variety of roles, including commercial and compliance
- Have experience in ensuring great user experience, ease of use and composability of features and products you build.
- Have experience with developer tools, and building a great developer experience
- Experience with a regulated environment and test driven development
- Familiarity with healthcare data and standards like FHIR and HIPAA