Dataherald is a Y Combinator backed SaaS start-up which helps companies, no matter how big or small, better leverage the world’s data to create business value. We do this by providing a no-code software to automate the ingestion, transformation, analysis and visualization of data from multiple sources without ever needing to code. Our product manages the data needs end-to-end so that businesses can focus on their goals without worrying about the complexity of large datasets. Furthermore, leverage our data pipelines by generating programmatic content for clients (SEO-optimized landing pages, ABM, etc).
Dataherald was launched in 2020 and has grown 10x in the last year. We currently work with leading media publishers like Chicago Tribune, Sacramento Bee etc. and are backed by a mix of Silicon Valley and media institutions such as Y Combinator, Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments (BDMI), and Garage Technology Ventures.
About the Role
The Data Science and Engineering intern will work closely with the CTO and Founding Data PM and play a key role in developing the company's data practice. In this role, you will:
Propose and own machine learning and statistics projects, both internal and external
Identify and investigate new data sources to add to our application
Build and maintain dynamic data ingestion pipelines
Curate DataFeeds (custom visualization templates) for users to ingest piped data
Assist in our programmatic content generation practice
- Python/Spark for data pipelining
- Python packages for machine learning and statistical analyses
- Advanced SQL querying
- Organization and time management
- Attention to detail
- Desire to be a big part of a small team
- Strategic problem solving
- Either recent graduate or currently enrolled junior/senior in a college/university
- Demonstrated interest in technical development at a tech startup
- Strong analytical, decision making & problem solving skills
- Ability to independently work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written, verbal & interpersonal skills
- Execution oriented mindset - with the humility, drive, and scrappiness to get it done
- Previous experience in a technical role is a plus
Impact – We will not make you work on tasks which are low priority and meaningless. You will be making a real contribution to our growth from day 1 and the work you do will have clearly visible and quantifiable results.
Learn – This opportunity is like no other when it comes to learning how to grow a start-up from scratch. We have a trial-and-learn mindset when it comes to growth and are doing many things in parallel without the fear of failing. So roll-up our sleeves and get in the action!
Flexibility – We are a highly distributed company and believe in asynchronous work rather than long monotonous meetings. You get to work from wherever you want and choose your own timings which make you comfortable.
Fun – There is one thing we take extremely seriously at work and it is having fun while working. Because why else would someone work at a startup? 😜
You're going to have a blast, our team is the absolute best!!