Product Marketing Manager
03 Sep, 2022
Poll Everywhere is a remote-only, bootstrapped SaaS company with the mission to make presentations more inclusive. We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team and help us support this mission. In this role, you will have the opportunity to define Product Marketing at Poll Everywhere and work cross-functionally to influence our product roadmap.
As a Product Marketing Manager at Poll Everywhere, you will develop and implement marketing strategies, content, and programs focused on driving awareness and usage of Poll Everywhere to prospective and existing customers. You will capture and tell our customers' stories while arming our customer-facing teams with the content they need to win more deals and retain customers. In this role you’ll have exposure to and the opportunity to engage with and market to prospects and customers that range from a variety of verticals, including, but not limited to education, pharmaceutical, and tech.
As a critical member of our Marketing team, you will be the “voice of the customer”. The ideal candidate gets a thrill from forming relationships and participating in calls with customers to understand their needs and help them speak to our product and vision.
Objectives of the role
- Support sales and customer success teams with impactful enablement materials and act as both our internal and external product expert, working with customers, and collaborating with our teams (Sales, Success, and Product) on the development and improvement of customer-facing materials.
- Partner and collaborate with the Product team on go-to-market launches and customer communications of new product features, while also identifying key metrics, setting goals, and analyzing the results of our launches.
- Improve awareness and activation by contributing compelling content across the customer journey from blog posts, to product tips, best practice guides, webinars, and more.
- Coach and mentor our product marketing specialist to help them prioritize, develop, and execute impactful content and programs
Daily & monthly responsibilities
- Become an expert in understanding our buyers’ needs, goals, and journeys through market research, customer interviews, and competitive analysis to understand why we win, where we win, and who to target.
- Work with Sales and Product to develop unique, compelling product positioning and messaging that differentiates Poll Everywhere in the market.
- Ensure our customer-facing teams (Sales, Success) have the relevant materials they need to move prospects through the funnel and drive adoption and retention, including materials such as presentations, collateral, and proposal materials. Provide competitive information to enable them to win.
- Drive the development of content, such as but not limited to, customer email newsletters, product copy, case studies, webinars, how-to guides, and other materials, to communicate the value propositions and proof points of Poll Everywhere and drive awareness and adoption.
- Dig into the data and identify quantitative and qualitative insights to optimize marketing tactics, product usage, onboarding journeys, and more.
Quarterly & yearly responsibilities
- Evaluate and optimize team processes and frameworks to improve the effectiveness of product feature launches and cross-functional collaboration
- Partner cross-functionally with our Product, Sales, and Success to refine and evolve our product roadmap
- Conduct research and maintain a library of relevant statistics on competitors and industry trends. Leverage this data to reinforce our claims and product positioning to drive compelling differentiation and storytelling of our product and brand.
Our zero mystery interview philosophy
No mystery, no surprises, no hidden criteria! We know how nerve-wracking interviews can be and we want to set you up for success by clearly outlining the skills we want you to be ready to showcase throughout our interview process.
- Excellent writing skills based on strong customer-centric narratives
- Demonstrated ability to plan and deliver work cross-functionally with sales, customer success, and marketing partners
- A passion for competitive and market research and turning insights into actionable outputs and programs
- Team-player who builds relationships across functions
- 3-5+ years of product marketing experience in B2B enterprise SaaS and marketing to enterprise customers
- 1+ years of coaching or management experience. You empower others to grow their careers and drive business impact
- Excitement to craft sales and marketing content, including webinars, product copy, pitch decks, playbooks, data sheets, white papers, case studies, and more
- Experience supporting account-based marketing (ABM) programs
- Experience with sales and marketing tools, such as CRM (Salesforce), Marketing Automation (i.e. Hubspot, Marketo, Pardot, etc.)