13 Aug, 2022
$60000 — $90000 yearly
Do you love ideating and creating valuable content? Are you a relentless executor? Want to make a social impact while working in tech? Then this position is for you.
Instrumentl is looking for an intellectually curious Content Marketer to help scale and optimize multiple initiatives across our go-to-market teams.
In your first year, you will help expand our company’s reach through scaling our content marketing and broader SEO efforts.
Instrumentl is a profitable, YC-backed startup that helps over 1,900 nonprofits from local homeless shelters to larger organizations like universities and hospitals be more effective and efficient with institutional fundraising.
We’re doubling year-over-year and have strong product market fit (NPS is 60+).
Today, we do this by bringing discovery, tracking and grant management to one place, saving nonprofits time and helping them win more grants.
What you’ll get to do:
In your first year as a Content Marketer, your work will include but not be limited to:
- Identifying and acting on key trends emerging for our overall domain as well as growing blog
- Implementing CRO best practices to grow leads generated from content marketing efforts
- Creating creative backlink building campaigns while also scaling broader backlink building initiatives
- Assisting in maintaining and growing our content marketing calendar, as well as scaling company-wide SEO efforts
- Drafting copy for a variety of efforts from landing pages to email campaigns
- Experimenting with paid SEO channels via Facebook & Google Ads
- Managing operational and administrative tasks related to ongoing growth efforts
- Testing hypotheses and collaborating with our Head of Growth on validating new opportunities
This is a unique role where you’ll get experience spearheading the growth of content marketing efforts that are seeing a doubling of outcomes quarter-over-quarter, while also learning foundational growth sales & marketing skills.
The right candidate will be able to contribute across many areas in the company, think like an owner, and help define what their role is / where it will head over time. You’ll report directly to the Head of Growth.
We are fully distributed (read: no office!). For this position, we are looking for someone based in the continental US, but open as well to those flexible to Central Time standard working hours.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of work experience: preferably at a SaaS company doing Growth, SEO, Digital Marketing or Content Marketing related work. Alternatively, experience from investment banking or management consulting.
- Sharp technical SEO skills: you not only get on-page SEO, but also can easily identify off-page SEO opportunities.
- Clear and concise copy: you pride yourself in the copy you’ve written and consider yourself an effective writer.
- Past freelancer management experience: you’re comfortable working with, hiring and recruiting freelance writers to contribute to content marketing efforts
- Strong business acumen: you can answer unstructured business questions and interpret qualitative and quantitative data to drive projects to conclusion.
- Obsession with execution excellence: you do things right the first time, meet deadlines, stay organized and are known for being incredibly dependable. It pains you to miss a goal or deadline.
- Excellent analytical skills: you can spot a trend quickly and are highly comfortable conducting analysis with tools like Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Heap and Excel. You know what an index match is and how to quickly manipulate data.
- Resourcefulness: you are comfortable figuring things out on your own once given general direction and parameters for guidance.
- Tech savviness: you should feel highly comfortable with tools like G Suite, Zoom, Slack, Close.io and Canva. You love shortcuts and can name your favorites off the top of your head.
- Communication: you pride yourself on your ability to communicate complex topics easily over video and in writing.
- Friendly: you are warm and friendly, easy to work with and genuinely enjoy communicating with others.
- Bonus: experience working in early-stage startups and being comfortable (even thriving) with ambiguity.
- Bonus: experience with grants or in the nonprofit world.
- Bonus: experience working remotely.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous PTO policy, including parental leave
- Company laptop + $500 to set up your home workstation
- Work with awesome nonprofits around the US. We partner with incredible organizations doing meaningful work, and you get to help power their success.
You should apply if:
- You want to help nonprofits force multiply their ability to create impact
- You want to be an early team member on a Growth team at an early-stage startup (employee #24)
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and wearing many hats at once
- You exhibit a growth mindset every day and take feedback in stride
Ready to apply?
Submit a cover letter or 5-minute Loom video addressing:
- Your past experience related to the responsibilities of this job. Please be specific.
- 3 traits and examples that make you an ideal candidate for this position
- Include the word moxie in your proposal to show you read this from start to finish!
Along with your cover letter or Loom video, please attach your CV or resume.
At Instrumentl, we pride ourselves on building a diverse team from the ground up. Every role is an opportunity to teach, learn, and create some of your best work - if you’re excited to grow along with us, we encourage you to apply!