Chief of Staff
07 Jul, 2022
Our Product and Mission
Haystack helps engineering teams become world class through delivery analytics. Team use our product to measure, improve, and establish best practices through analytics & alerts.
We’e backed by Y Combinator and the same people who built Doordash, Airbnb, and Optimizely. We work with world class engineering leaders at companies like Microsoft, Robinhood, and The Economist.
Work directly with founders and a close knit team of hustlers. We've all got experience building and scaling startups. You'll the unique opportunity to scale a business from the ground up. If you're the type of person that loves new challenges, learning new things, taking on more responsibility, and seeing how your work impacts customers on a daily basis - then we'd love to meet you.
About the Role
This role is primarily responsible for working with Haystack’s CEO to translate our vision, strategy, and objective into execution. The Chief of Staff serves as both thought partner and extension of the executive.
What You'll Do
- Execute Leadership Meetings: responsible for content, agendas, and follow-ups
- Lay the foundation for new functions
- Perform analysis and research to develop strategic direction
- Act as a trusted advisor, thought partner and facilitator, exercising judgement on when topics need to be discussed and decisions need to be made
- Prioritization and Roadmap: lead company prioritization efforts and develop and iterate on a consolidated roadmap for the business
- Act as proxy for the CEO for high priority meetings and projects, as appropriate
- Provide guidance and content for communications, including reviewing and contributing to company-wide comms, all hands content, investor management, and board meetings
- Provide leverage and bandwidth by leading special projects and initiatives
- Support the CEO on organization design and change management
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years of work experience in Management Consulting, Investment Banking,, top-tier tech companies (e.g., FAANG), or similar.
- Demonstration of good judgement, ability to influence, and high EQ
- Track record of leading large scale, high impact, cross-functional efforts and driving projects from ideation to strategy at the executive level
- Prior experience designing, implementing, and improving effective and efficient work processes
- Strong analytical abilities and able to synthesize complex information and distill key insights into narrative and recommendations
- Strong academic performance at a top-tier school
- Details: Full time role. Fully Remote.
- Compensation: $100-150K USD + generous early employee stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- 100% remote-work environment.