Product Manager, Growth
02 Jul, 2022
About Middesk Middesk's mission is to enable every business to access the products and services they need to grow and thrive. We believe that if we can make it easy for a business to access financial products, hire new employees, and transact with other businesses, that we increase the odds of success for that business to contribute to its community and the broader economy.
Our Identity provides accurate, complete information that financial services companies need to make efficient onboarding decisions. Our Agent product makes it easy for employers to file with the state and federal agencies needed to establish their business across the country. Our customers include Affirm, Brex, Plaid, Mercury, Divvy, Rippling, Gusto, and others.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Middesk is backed by Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Y Combinator.
- As the first Product Manager in Growth, you will be responsible for developing the growth playbook and strategy for our Agent product. This role is critical for improving performance through customers’ end-to-end lifecycle, from acquisition to retention. -You’ll also work closely with marketing, sales, engineering, design and data to deliver against key shared business goals. Most importantly, as a founding member of the growth team you’ll define how Middesk can build a world-class growth function.
Why we need you
- Middesk has experienced exponential growth in the past two years. We’ve built products customers love — and our success has been driven primarily by strong product market fit, word-of-mouth, and an exceptional reputation.
- As we step into our next phase of growth we’re excited to scale this performance, reach new users who haven’t heard of us yet, and help them succeed. We recognize we need a new set of skills, especially with product-led growth motions.
What you'll achieve
- Define the product strategy and roadmap for features, optimizations, and tools that drive massive impact and growth
- Partner with other functional teams to create a connected vision for the entirety of the user journey, from acquisition to long-term retention
- Define and analyze key metrics to inform decision-making and measure success
- Build the capability and culture for rapid experimentation
What you've accomplished
- Working effectively with and leading cross-functional growth teams comprised of Product, Engineering, Paid marketing, Sales, and Ops
- Ownership of top-of-funnel growth (i.e. paid marketing, SEO, landing page) through onboarding optimization (start signup to payment complete)
- Proven track record of impact through solving growth problems
- Prior experience at a hyper-growth startup
Traits we value
- Analytical decision-making: You’ve got strong product sense and pride in understanding your customers. While you have a strong command of growth metrics, you use customer journeys to understand, impact, and change product performance
- Communication: You are an excellent written and verbal communicator, and can set the direction of and rally a team
- Bias toward action: You thrive in ambiguous environments, are excited about finding solutions to complex problems, and execute
Why you’ll love it here
- Customer First: We stay energized by solving real customer problems and make each interaction meaningful and embrace the challenging path to help our customers succeed.
- Be an owner: We identify and tackle problems, take pride in our work, and measure impact. When we find an opportunity to improve the status quo, take it on!
- Act with urgency and purpose: We move quickly and simplify things as we go. We solve the problems that we have today in ways that allow us to move even faster in the future.
- Drive results together: We choose teamwork. We share our opinions, ask questions, understand where others are coming from, and move forward as a unified front.
- Embrace the journey: We dream big and are open to taking risks. Innovation happens through optimism, positivity, rigorous thinking, and hard work.
Middesk is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. As an equal opportunity employer; we’re committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
We are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If any accommodations are needed during the interview process, please let us know by contacting careers @middesk.com.