28 Jun, 2022
No experience required
About the Startup!
BharatX is a startup trying to change how the 250 million Indian Middle-Class Indians get access to credit. We give Credit via other consumer-facing apps and platforms as-a-Feature to their customers via a simple integration of our APIs in a Plug-and-Play manner. Our offerings enable journeys like Postpaid on Uber/Ola, Pay after Trial on Lenskart/Meesho, Pay in 3 on Flipkart/BoAt, Credit-Line on PhonePe/Gpay in a white-labelled and embedded manner!
Who We Are:
A team of young, ambitious, and bold people love to dedicate their life’s work towards something meaningful for India & the world. We love to have a shit ton of fun and cut the bullshit corporate culture! We are not colleagues, we are a family, in it for the long run!
Folks who believe in us:
We have been fortunate to have a lot of Global VCs, Founders, Clients, Angels and Industry veterans back us in our journey. We also have a lot of mentors in the Industry Globally who work with us day in, day out on building BharatX. Some of our Investors Include:
- Y Combinator (Batch of W22) (25+ Unicorns)
- Soma Capital (20+ Unicorns)
- 8i Ventures (Slice & M2P seed investors)
- WorldQuant (Global Hedge Fund) & it’s Executives
- Multiply Ventures (Ex-Paytm President’s Fund)
- Java Capital
- Letsventure & more… |
- Harshil Mathur and Shashank - Founders @ Razorpay
- Kunal Shah - Founder @ CRED
- Arash Ferdowsi - Co-Founder @ Dropbox
- Vikas Chowdhury - President @ Reliance Jio
- Ankur Aggarwal - Co-Founder @ Dunzo
- Sajid Rahman - Board member - South Bangla Bank
- Faiz Mayalakkara - Director of Investments @ UAE’s Sovereign Wealth Fund & more…. |
A special shout out to some of the clients of BharatX who have also chosen to back us, their vote of confidence in our product and vision is the most valuable to us.
What you will learn:
How to get stuff done! You will solve real-world challenges that no experience or training can help you. Only your grit and passion for solving the problem will help you figure out how to deal with them. You will learn to think from a technical and product point of view.
What you will impact:
You would be directly working to:
- Own the product design from making the existing design better to being the think tank of new ideas.
- Conduct user research and work closely with clients to understand the requirements.
- Identify new product improvement opportunities.
- Analyze and suggest how a new product/feature satisfy market needs and consumer preferences.
- Work closely with the engineering team to build the best UI.
- Drive the entire design from buttons to some smooth butter-like user experiences.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user stories, and design ideas.
- Take part in marketing and branding activities that will help curate your design ideas.
- Review and correct the design development outputs of web and mobile apps.
- Connect with the users of the Platform to understand their needs and expectations from the Platform interface/portal
- Help define the design vision that could feed into the Platform product roadmap with the help of the design lead
- Plan and design wireframe/flow for the project/feature you are working on
- Come up with ways to validate the design by taking user feedback early and by collaborating with the Research team as required
- Collaborate and coordinate with interaction designers, copywriters, creatives and business leads to arrive at a holistic product solution
- Work with the design lead, product heads, and engineers to build/improve user experience towards that vision
- Manage projects, solve complex problems, and deliver delightful solutions that drive impact
- Create design documentation & help establish processes to ensure seamless collaboration
- And most importantly, play games & talk about anything and everything with the team during chill-out sessions
What we look for:
We need people who are quick learners and bold enough to suggest crazy ideas.
- 1-3 years of experience as a UI/UX/product designer.
- Design thinking that could help address the need of an Engineer/Business owner/Data scientist as a user. Prior exposure to business-facing interfaces used for Platforms will be a huge plus
- Excellent organizational, project management, and collaboration skills to manage a wide range of stakeholders
- Proficiency in product design with extensive and demonstrated expertise in the visual hierarchy, layout, and information architecture
- Ability to draw insights from both qualitative & quantitative data, and further identify problem areas to work on
- Ability to learn quickly, teach yourself new skills, and thrive within a complex, fast-paced environment
- Deep empathy and interest in keeping your customer’s point of view in the forefront, constantly bringing questions back to what will serve them best
- Good knowledge in design fundamentals, such as design thinking frameworks, and able to take on a structured approach in solving problems
We also encourage you to apply even if you took a break from professional life for whatever reasons. For us, the people and their skills matter more than their resumes.
What you get:
We don’t seek employees, we seek friends. If you are looking for an environment where smart people work around you who help you achieve your goals without any corporate bureaucracy, encourage you to make mistakes and get complete ownership of your work, then this is the place for you! Here are some side perks that come with this job:
- Be a part of our 0 to 1 ride!
- Attractive compensation with the best-in-class ESOP Structure. You take care of doing your best work, and we will take care of making sure you never have to worry about money.
- Insurance for your entire family.
- Choose your own device (and keep it if you stay long enough).
- Unlimited paid time off with no questions asked.
- Encouragement to take time for your mental health and personal life.
- Maternity and Paternity Leave.
- A tight-knit and brutally honest team with no politics or hierarchy :D