26 Jun, 2022
No experience required
Hi, I’m Nathan, cofounder at Together Software. Learning at work is broken, especially at large or remote companies, and we're enabling peer to peer learning between employees to fix it. Organizations like the United Nations, Disney and 7-11 are already using us to run mentoring programs to up-skill their employees. Our investors are the same ones that invested in Slack, Coinbase, and Instacart.
For example, the United Nations uses our product to connect employees from around the world to discuss how they should choose the next country to work in, how to get promoted faster, or what skills they need for their next job. We launched through Y Combinator in Summer 2019.
Here's a few things you might be tasked with solving:
- Can you engineer a product that will grow virally inside the organization (starts with 1 mentoring program and expands to all use-cases and all employees)?
- Can you work with the rest of the team to create a defensible brand?
- Can you help us hire the right team? We take hiring seriously and want to keep the dream team alive in engineering - we had only 2 engineers up until 50 customers!
Our mission is to make employees and their companies more capable. Let’s build the next ubiquitous software product together.
What you'll be doing:
As Together moves into the enterprise market, our customers expect smooth, painless experiences and measurable business value. You will own several projects including: -Onboarding flows -New product lines, such as new mentorship program formats -New integrations and infrastructure management (Identity, Human Resource Info Systems and Task queues) -End to end reliability engineering -Reporting and reporting data pipelines -Managing interns and junior engineers
What you'll bring to the table:
The customers’ experience trumps everything else. Together finds the fastest way of delivering functionality to customers. We debate heavily about whether something is good enough to be released. You have worked with a product manager, designer and other engineers You have experience with testing practices You have experience with productivity improvements, e.g. infrastructure or CI/CD improvements that improve developer productivity You have seen architectures that support reliability, e.g. job queues
We love if you:
- Move quickly
- Can support a big customer by being flexible with your schedule
- Have a lot of opinions on how to make things better
- Think one step ahead of your team on how the customer experience can improve
- Are comfortable with debate
- Put the team’s interest in front of your own
- Want to work with talented colleagues
- Have a sense for Product, UX and Design
- Are ready for a high ownership, high expectation role. We are looking for candidates who are truly compatible with startup culture, including speed and ownership.
- Experience with single page web applications (React)
- Ability to build web back-ends with Node.js or Python
- Experience with CI/CD (Kubernetes config, Docker build)
- You have previously worked with NoSQL databases
- Your colleagues would highly recommend you
- You’ve worked on an early stage product
Interviewing at Together:
- Virtual Interview with Nathan Goldstein (Cofounder and Head of Product).
- Virtual Technical Interview with Vitalii Milanych (Senior Software Engineer).
- Virtual Panel Technical Interview.
- Reference Check.
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire on-boarding will be conducted virtually.
Perks at Together:
- 4 weeks vacation time
- Comprehensive Health Benefits Package
- Equity and annual stock bonus plan
We are currently remote, but in September/October 2021 we will evaluate whether we do a hybrid work model. Work would be a choice of Toronto or Vancouver 3 days a week. If we choose to do that, those looking to stay remote will be supported through a smooth transition.