Product Enablement Lead
26 Jun, 2022
Interested in a 🚀 startup experience? We’re scaling fast at Zip (YC S2020)! Zip is tackling the $50B+TAM space to transform the way businesses manage spend. We started Zip because we saw the challenges companies had using outdated 20 year old software to manage hundreds of millions of dollars every year. We are a small but mighty team that helped scale category-defining companies like Airbnb, Facebook, Salesforce, Apple, Quora, Pinterest, and Square.
Zip’s Product Enablement lead will help lay the groundwork to ensure Zip is successfully adopted by our customers from Day 1. As an expert in our Zip solutions, your job will be to help our customers and customer facing new hires have a best in class product onboarding experience. You will be responsible for designing the tools, process, and materials required to ensure they understand the breadth and capabilities of the Zip solution, as well as how to configure and administer the application.
You will steer the direction of product learning for Zip in its earliest days. You will be a champion for usability and work with our documentation resources to ensure that content is thorough, effective, and in line with new updates as we roll them out. You will lead delivery of product training for new Zip customers, and work in a train-the-trainer capacity to help hiring managers uplevel their new hires during their first months at Zip. Long term, you will inform the development of our product enablement efforts as we grow and scale.
- Design and develop Zip product training materials by working with current customer facing SMEs and leveraging existing training assets to become a product expert and identify key focus areas for customer onboarding
- Establish learning objectives, delivery format, and identify key tools to be used for delivery
- Support the Solution Consultants in their efforts to onboard customers, tailoring the training experience as appropriate for the deployment
- Support the Solutions Engineering, Sales and Engineering organizations around enablement programs and onboarding - creating self-guided or instructor lead curriculums needed to deliver the right level of depth for each team
- Lead all communications for product releases and product training
- Create, distribute and analyze training program surveys.
- Distribute, track and report on effectiveness of training materials as measured by both feedback from customers and from hiring managers.
- Audit past content and training to make sure all relevant content is available for the field
- 3+ years of enablement or similar experience (eg. L&D, curriculum building, training, technical customer facing role)
- Ability to quickly become a technical subject matter expert on Zip
- Passion for working with new hires and helping them learn and grow
- Deep experience within a SaaS organization and understanding of an enterprise customer lifecycle
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic organization
- Experience developing and launching best in class training curriculum and enablement programs for a technical audience - both live and online formats
- Highly motivated, self-starter, problem solving attitude, team player
- Excellent facilitation, presentation and communication skills, both written and oral
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize work efficiently
- Ability to work cross-functionally (up and across), and to proactively and confidently engage and influence stakeholders across the business
- Strong program management skills, with demonstrated ability to own a project from ideation to execution
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with procurement and billing/AP space
- Experience with training, implementing or administering key applications in our space: NetSuite, Coupa, Workday, Jira, ServiceNow, Ironclad, OneTrust, ProcessUnity, various SSO tools