Sales and Success Operations Manager
26 Jun, 2022
No experience required
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Retool’s GTM organizations are growing in size and complexity in order to support extremely ambitious growth in the coming months and years. We’re looking for a Sales and Success Operations Manager to join the Sales Strategy and Operations team. Our team is responsible for accelerating Retool’s revenue growth by building the ultimate sales machine. We help the sales and success teams track and deliver against operating goals, design and implement key cross-functional initiatives, perform root cause analysis to diagnose challenges, and build / maintain the core GTM systems these teams use to collaborate and succeed every day.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We’ll look to you to bring your experience preparing analysis on forecasting, growth / churn strategy, demand generation, and process improvement to continue to build on top of the foundation we’ve laid. You’ll work cross-functionally as well as deep within all GTM teams to capacity plan, build complex workflows within Salesforece, and help Retool leadership understand what’s working and what’s not.
You’ll provide the operational backbone for both the sales and success teams to make sure they have the right information at hand and the right processes in place. But you’ll also dive in with cross-functional stakeholders to determine what’s not working and what to do next.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll partner closely with the head of sales operations, the marketing, sales and success teams, and cross-functionally with leaders and individual contributors alike.
A quick note on location: we'd love to grow our sales ops team in San Francisco, we're also open to growing the team in New York, where we also have a preference.
You’ll be joining a broader team of Retools who are passionate about serving our customers, enjoy collaborating to build an incredibly innovative product, and partake in some occasional-but-well-intentioned sarcasm. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Provide operational “run the business” support for sales and success leadership
- Track ongoing delivery against team and IC goals
- Attend weekly check-ins for all teams to understanding action plans and progress
- Lead deep-dive root cause analysis in partnership cross-functional partners like the Marketing, Growth and Accounting teams on specific, high-priority business challenges
- Develop and improve weekly business-critical reporting
- Project manage and prioritize key cross-functional initiatives
- Work directly with sales and success reps to address day-to-day issues and improve their experience with core GTM systems like Salesforce
- Offer other support including quota setting, territories, compensation administration, troubleshooting, conflict resolution against RoE, etc.
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- 4-6 years of experience preferred in SaaS strategy & operations roles in one or more GTM functional areas (e.g., sales, success, marketing, etc.)
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, navigate challenging data sets, develop solutions, and craft high-quality narrative and executive-level presentations
- Ownership mindset with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly collaborative style with strong influence skills
Retool is the fast way of building internal tools through our low-code drag-and-drop platform. We were founded in 2017 and graduated from YC the same year. Our Series A was led by Sequoia and we're backed by Daniel Gross ), John and Patrick Collison of Stripe, and Elad Gil, among others.