Equity Campaign Manager
26 Feb, 2022
EUR30000 — EUR40000 monthly
We are looking for an Equity Campaign Manager to join our London team, to launch a mixture of Seed (£150k+) to Growth (£1M+) equity crowdfunding campaigns on the Crowdcube platform. The role is based in our London office, which is currently in Spitalfields.
Who we are:
As a leading European retail investment marketplace, Crowdcube raises finance for Europe's hottest high-growth businesses by giving investors the opportunity to back businesses they believe in. Having amassed an investor community of over 1 million people, which has funded over 1,000 businesses, Crowdcube was named the most active investor in private equity in 2020. Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges, and want to make a difference. Our mission is to democratize investment, helping to fuel the next generation of businesses that want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, Brewdog, Grind, Cowboy, CityMapper, and what3words.
What you will be doing:
As Equity Campaign Manager, you will use your project management, marketing, and communication skills and your focus will be on developing excellent relationships with both external and internal stakeholders, to deliver strong results consistently.
You’ll work closely with all other departments including compliance, legal and marketing. To perform in this role you will need to be able to put yourself in the clients' shoes, to understand their brand and how they will navigate the crowdfunding process and achieve the best outcome for their business.
Day to day you will:
- Pick up client relationships and remain a key point of contact through the campaign process
- Face to face and telephone meetings with key stakeholders
- Project manage internally and externally to ensure key deadlines are not missed
- Assist in finalizing the sales process
- Guide opportunities through the entire ECM funnel. Liaise between teams where necessary to ensure a smooth experience for the client and an efficient internal process.
- Educate on requirements for successfully executing a large crowdfunding campaign
- Analyze active pitch performance and develop optimization strategies with entrepreneurs
- Provide advice on effective PR strategy and work with the PR team.
- Keep systems and client information up to date before and during campaigns
Ideally, you will be:
- A self-starter who needs little guidance and takes ownership
- Commercially focused and able to prioritize effectively to drive revenue and achieve targets
- Experience speaking with C level executives, business founders, and management teams, with a natural flair for building relationships
- Hardworking and able to embrace the change that is constant in a fast-growth business
- A curious and inquisitive person with a desire to learn and work outside one’s comfort zone
- Well organized, a great communicator, and have the ability to manage many client accounts at the same time
And you will have:
- A passion for start-ups, entrepreneurship, and alternative finance
- Previous marketing agency, account management experience, and/or fast-paced startup experience
- Project management experience
- Experience of working in a targeted environment
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
What we are offering:
- We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences, and subscriptions to online courses. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £30-40K DOE + up to 20% commission
- Participation in the employee share option plan (subject to the prevailing company policy at the time)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched (UK Residents Only)
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA including dental and optical cash plans
- Access to Plumm, a mental health platform
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training and wellness budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes, and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling, and a day at River Cottage)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager, and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren't any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team has worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or disability.
We are a flexible workplace. Cuber Choice enables Cubers and future Cubers to do their best work, in whatever way is best for them and the business. We commit to treating all employees equally, whether they are home or office-based. We do not reward presenteeism but focus on impact. Employees may choose a different work schedule to meet personal or family needs. This includes early finishes, late starts, selecting your own working hours, and you may also choose to split your time between home and office.