Autonomy Software Engineer
We design and build an autonomous delivery network and infrastructure to provide cheaper, smarter, and safer delivery solutions for customers indoors and outdoors.
Do you like working on something from scratch? Is problem-solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at HelloWorld Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in robotics and software to solve current last-mile delivery issues with building autonomous ground-based delivery robots. At HelloWorld Robotics, we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling, and fun.
We are an emerging leader in the development of outdoor navigation software that enables autonomous driving of robotic vehicles and you will help bring this navigation software to the next level. Using your knowledge of both perception and navigation systems, you will improve how our delivery robots localize within an outdoor environment and how they navigate through challenging terrain. You will work to evaluate and implement the state of the art in relevant algorithms and apply these in practical ways for our customers. Additionally, you would probably have fun driving our robots around outside, always striving to make our systems more robust. Through your work, you will be enabling the use of robotics to make last-mile delivery smarter, cheaper, and safer.
As an Autonomous Software Engineer, you have the opportunity to code running in autonomous self-driving delivery robots enabling communication with many different sensors (including cameras, 3D lidar, GPS, and many more). You will also get involved with real-world testing outdoors.
- As an Autonomy Software Engineer, a typical day might include the following:
- Keep up to date with the latest research/technologies in the fields of autonomous driving
- Write highly reliable C++ code which runs in HelloWorld Robotics TARS delivery robot and communicates with sensors and embedded controllers enabling autonomous driving decisions
- Develop network applications and protocols that enable HelloWorld Robotics TARS delivery robot to communicate with the backend over the mobile network (to receive driving commands and send video feed)
- Create robust innovative solutions to the problems of robotic perception and navigation for outdoor environments
- Develop custom 3D SLAM, computer vision, machine learning, target tracking, and perception algorithms
- Evaluate new algorithms and sensing technology
- Test and review software for reliability/performance
- Legally eligible to work in Malaysia
- At least 1-year relevant work experience
- Proficient English level
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Engineering, Computer Science, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Excellent teamwork/communication skills
- Excellent software development skills in C++ & Python.
- Experience in ROS1/ROS2(Robot Operating System) environment.
- Practical knowledge of state estimation, SLAM, perception, and computer vision
- Practical knowledge in one or more of path planning, motion planning, mobile robot control, and vehicle modeling
- Ability to independently develop software development plans, including timelines and test procedures
- Comfortable developing with Linux Ubuntu & Git.
- Enthusiasm to take on new challenges and learn new skills.
Recommended/Good to have:
- Experience writing efficient, high-performance code
- Experience in Autoware or Baidu Apollo
- Chinese Mandarin (Able to communicate with Mainland Chinese engineers and read technical documents)
- Experience with Git and other software development processes
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Experience with the control of differential drive and Ackermann ground vehicles
- Understanding of sensors and their error models, particularly laser rangefinders, GPS systems, IMUs, and vision system
- Ability to diagnose broken robots by their sounds and smells
- Experience with video streaming & codecs
- Experience in GPU accelerated computing
- Organizational and project management skills
Why HelloWorld Robotics? What we can offer you?
- As your career progresses, we commit to developing and advancing your career. We aim to put together personalized training for every employee through a blend of training that includes:
- Fast and high growth potentiality
- Working with cutting edge technology in the field of autonomous delivery robotics
- Transforming how deliveries are done
- Working in a culture formed by hardcore entrepreneurial spirits, who are both direct, humble, and hardworking
- Getting a competitive salary, with an employee stock option plan
- Straight-forward without hierarchical organizational structure
- Young generations thinking with creative operations
- Streamlined and focused
- Opportunities for interns and fresh graduates to experience on real robots
- Competitive compensation package
Robot Operating System(ROS), Python, C++, Software Development
At HelloWorld Robotics, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression.