|Work Location||Jakarta, Indonesia|
|Salary Range||SGD 700 — SGD 1200 monthly|
|Experience Required||1 years|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Vacancies Available||1 available|
We are looking for a Data Operations Engineer to join our growing team. The hire will be responsible for monitoring and optimizing our data architecture, day-to-day data operations while working on projects to enhance the functionality and reliability of the overall data infrastructure. This position is a mix of project-based and production support work with an emphasis on building a robust data system. The Data Engineer Operations will support our data engineers, software developers, infrastructure engineers, data analysts, and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure reliable and efficient data architecture. They must be independent and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products.
Responsibilities for Data Engineer
• Maintaining optimal data pipeline architecture.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data usage, etc.
• Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data engineering needs.
Qualifications for Data Engineer
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Experience maintaining and optimizing ‘big data’ pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
• Build processes supporting data engineering-related matters.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ stores.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
• We are looking for a candidate with experience in a Data Engineering role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
• They should also have experience using some of the following software/tools:
• Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, (e.g. MySQL, CockroachDB, HBase, etc).
• Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
• Experience with GCP cloud services: BigQuery, Dataflow, PubSub, etc
• Experience with deployment and CI/CD tools: Kubernetes, Jenkins, CloudBuild, etc
• Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, Beam, etc.
• Experience with various programming languages: Python, Java, Scala, Go, etc.
Provides equal access to education through technology. Anytime, anywhere.
Ruangguru is the largest and most comprehensive technology company in Indonesia that focuses on education-based services. Ruangguru has more than 15 million users, managed more than 300,000 teachers offering services in more than 100 subject areas, and has collaborated with 32 (out of 34) provincial governments and more than 326 municipal and district governments in Indonesia. Ruangguru provides many learning services, the favorite being ruangbelajar. It is an online self-learning platform with topic-based journeys consisting of animated videos, quizzes, infographic summaries, and topic exercises accessible through Ruangguru’s mobile application. Ruangbelajar is available for students from grades 1 to 12 of all curricula in Indonesia. Other learning services by Ruangguru are: -ruangles, an online marketplace for private tutors -ruanglesonline, an online private learning consulting service -digitalbootcamp, an online interactive learning group with live streaming services -ruanguji, an online tryout platform for students to test their knowledge and get feedback -ruangbaca, a blog of learning materials and tips for students, parents, and teachers -ruangkerja, a B2B mobile-based platform for corporate training and professional development - Brain Academy, Ruangguru’s latest product, a unique 21st-century tutoring center located in 10 cities that combines online and offline learning as a form of blended learning Learn more about our culture and productivity: -Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/ruangguru -Medium: https://medium.com/ruangguru -Instagram: @Lifeatruangguru For more information about our products, download the Ruangguru app on: -Apple Store: http://bit.ly/RGAppleStore -Google Play Store: http://bit.ly/RGGooglePlayStore