At Teleport, our mission is to make it easy and seamless to move goods, and e-commerce anywhere in Southeast Asia, and beyond. We believe trade is an enabler for both businesses and consumers, and we are opening up our products, and infrastructure to make it as easy for the single merchant or the largest companies to transport things quickly, and painlessly. It should simply work, like magic.
Backed by AirAsia - the world’s best low-cost carrier 11 times running with the largest network in Southeast Asia, we transport cargo to 100+ cities across Asia and are at the frontlines of this large (US$10+ billion), but backward space. We are focused on building a logistics infrastructure for the modern world - using data to enable the physical movement of goods, delivering a same-day experience as standard for everyone, and investing to disrupt ourselves before someone else does.
We are looking for a Senior Automation Testing Engineer to build the next generation of products that facilitate the movement of goods. As a Developer you will be working on the operator- and customer-facing products with a team of 3-4 people from diverse backgrounds. You can expect interactions with product managers, designers, and business stakeholders on a daily basis. You will be based out of our office in Wisma Tune and are expected to be performing this role on a full-time basis. You will be reporting to the Manager, Software Engineering.
We are a relatively new team within Teleport where we are still small enough that everyone we hire has a huge impact on the product.
You will fit perfectly if you enjoy a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment. An analytical mind and interest in computer systems and the latest technologies will make you stand out.
A DAY IN A LIFE
As a start-up, you can expect your days to be pretty varied. Multitasking is normal, and sometimes, your skills or natural talents will be leveraged to support other business priorities. That said, the bulk of your working hours should involve you having to:
• Execution on the design of automated test framework, automation scripts, and strategies
• Analyze requirements & designs documents to create test plans and cases
• Usage of tools such as Protractor, Selenium, Cucumber, TestComplete, Gatling, Visual Studio Enterprise
• Work closely with SCRUM teams and take part in all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle in an Agile (SCRUM) environment
• Execute performance, scalability, functional and regression testing
• Design, perform & maintain test plans or test cases
• To identify, record, document, and track bugs
• Analyze test results, take corrective action & update statuses
• Work closely with the development team during all stages of projects
• Identify performance and stability issues involving a large, sophisticated, and evolving set of codebases.
• Monitor debugging process results
• Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
• Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
These are minimum-requirement skills and a ‘must-have’ for the role:
• Hand on experience in automated test or test framework
• Deep knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes (TDD, BDD)
• Proven work experience in software development
• Proven work experience in software quality assurance
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
• Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
• Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
• Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
• Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
At the onset, you may be culture-shocked working in AirAsia and with the Teleport team. To help you adapt better, we would like to share our beliefs on leadership. Put simply, you are a leader, we all are leaders and good leaders:
• Roll up their sleeves as needed, and never delegate work that one would not be willing to do themselves
• Do what is needed to get things done, as they believe speed is more important than anything else to effect change
• Over-communicate, particularly as they are all quite autonomous
• Are rigid on goals, but flexible on the details
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
• Preferably 3 – 6 years experience in software testing; automated and manual
• Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus