|Salary Range||SGD 4500 monthly|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Vacancies Available||6 available|
We are hiring new associates in Singapore! Located at the UIC Building in CBD, this exciting job allows you to immediately work in the world of hedge funds, private equity, consulting firms, and expert networks.
The target start date is August 15, 2021 (but we also give out offers on a rolling basis).
Associates connect our clients with the linguists and editors that help to power their multilingual due diligence and market research.
This is an 18-month role, where top performers will be invited to remain at Cadence on one of our five teams. In this fast-paced role, an Associate can expect to interact with up to 30 projects on any given day.
You will begin your tenure as a member of the trading desk. In that capacity, you are focused on project management and primarily communicate with language professionals. Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Project management of large-scale translation/interpretation requests;
- Using Salesforce to review a pipeline of projects and determine task prioritization;
- Matchmaking client requests according to translator/interpreter/transcriber availability;
- Phone or in-person briefings with account managers for project management updates;
- Recruiting new translators/interpreters/transcribers as needed using LinkedIn and other communities;
- Chronicling your interactions in Salesforce.
Strong performers on the trading desk will be promoted to join the sales desk. In that capacity, you are focused on client communications and project scoping.
- Responding to client service requests within 10 minutes;
- Providing feasibility statements regarding cost and timing to clients;
- Delivering any translations, transcriptions, or call summaries to clients within 20 minutes;
- Engaging with new and dormant clients with outbound prospecting;
Practically speaking, the two desks form a symbiotic relationship to enable client success, so strong teamwork and communication skills are a must.
The Associate role is demanding. It requires long hours, as well as an "always on" mentality. Successful Associates will demonstrate resilience in the face of these demands.
We have structured working hours to balance our clients' needs with the goals for predictable work by our Associates.
- Monday through Friday, you will have dedicated "desk time", where you are expected to be present and support the goals of your desk;
- One or two days a week, you will have three hours of protected "off-desk time", where colleagues cannot schedule meetings and you can ensure free time on your calendar for personal errands or side projects.
- "Aftermarket" coverage refers to passive monitoring of projects and email on weekends. - Associates should expect to spend up to one of every four weekend days on this aftermarket coverage.
In Singapore, "desk time" is either 10am-7pm or 1pm-10pm (subject to change). Outside of these hours, Associates in other offices are working to delight clients. Therefore, successful Associates will demonstrate the "always-on" mentality and recognize that they should be responsive to changes in business conditions. Sometimes this can merely mean checking Slack messages before and after your desk time. Other times it can be starting your day early or staying late to help colleagues.
Qualifications & Ideal Background
- You speak English fluently. Bonus points if you are also fluent in another language;
- You're not afraid of the long hours that come with rapid professional development at a small and growing company;
- You find passion and value in client service;
- You solve problems independently;
- You are able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- You are easy to communicate with;
- You are a recent college graduate or have 1-2 years' work experience in a sales or customer service role;
- You have entrepreneurial experience either as the founder of a small company or as an early employee at a seed stage venture;
- You studied finance as an undergraduate or have some exposure to the investment industry;
- You’ve utilized CRM tools in the past, especially Salesforce;
- You have experience/familiarity with business in Mainland China.
KPIs, Reviews and Compensation
The KPI for the role is the same across the two desks. For Trading and Sales Desk, it is based on the number of jobs you advance through our pipeline.
Compensation is SGD 4,500 per month.
Reviews are held quarterly and at the 12- and 18-month mark, you will be eligible for promotion to one of our five teams:
- Account Management, to strengthen client relations.
- Demand Generation, to scale our company through business development, marketing and sales operations.
- People Management, to manage the learning, development, and overall lifecycle of our language professionals and employees.
- Platform Development, to build out the technologies and user experiences of our company.
- Product Development, to ensure we're offering the best levels of service to our clients.
- Annual allowance to fund professional development expenses (e.g., online classes, test prep).
- Direct access to clients and problem-solving in some of the world’s most important and fast-moving industries, such as hedge funds and consulting firms;
- Daily experience with important industry software such as Salesforce and HubSpot, with the ability to receive official certifications;
- Ongoing training on the finance and due diligence industries.
- Periodic ‘culture carrier’ trips to our Beijing and LA offices for full-time employees.
- Company outings.
Want to learn more about us?
Check us out on Glassdoor: https://bit.ly/3uOQ7sd
We provide specialised language services to Capital Market firms
Cadence Translate ("Cadence") is a leading provider of language services to the global business and investment community. Through clever deployment of humans and technology, we empower our clients to conduct better meetings, easily engage new markets, and glean greater insight from research and due diligence interactions. We offer: -a talented community of 2,500+ linguists, each with unique industry knowledge; - bespoke, personalized matchmaking for every project; - the latest tools in translation tech for faster turnaround time. Cadence is a venture-backed company whose investors include 500 Startups, the founder of Dianping (大众点评), and several luminaries from the interpretation industry.