Candid seeks a marketing professional to launch campaign plans that attract engagement and new customers to our digital tools, online properties, and special programs.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019, Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world
Position: Marketing Specialist
Reporting to: Senior Director of Marketing & Operations
Location: Remote, with preference to candidates located near our New York, NY or Williamsburg, VA offices
Marketing team campaign lead, responsible for drafting, building, and launching campaign plans that attract engagement and new customers to our digital tools, online properties, and selected special programs, as well as serving as the primary liaison to other teams within Candid. Chief creative lead for experimenting with effective ways to grow Candid Learning’s audience(s).
· Be the primary campaign lead for national and global launches related to our Candid Learning offerings, our formal networks like CF Insights and the Funding Information Network, partnerships, and other high-touch services of Candid.
· Develop tactics for growth marketing and lead generation within these programs, such as email list building, user journey work, and retargeting strategies.
· Oversee the design and production of creative marketing collateral (social graphics, printed pieces, email templates) from inception to deployment either through Canva, or using JIRA project management software to create tickets for Candid’s Design team to execute.
· Manage vendors/consultants on specific projects and act as primary advisory lead for org-wide brand identity campaigns .
· Serve as primary contact point/liaison with teams outside of the Networks Division, such as other marketing units, Technology, Design & Marketing, Communications, Business Systems & Intelligence, etc., and lead regular check-ins with team leads who support or inform our work.
· Support the regional/digital activities when needed.
· Experience developing and executing multi-channel integrated marketing campaigns with the ability, willingness, and time management savvy to fully assume ownership of campaigns.
· Minimum of three years of strategic marketing experience (organization, agency, or consultant).
· Creative and agile professional who is not afraid to take risks.
· Experience with email campaigns and tracking associated analytics with ESP (in Salesforce or similar platform a plus).
· Proficiency in interpreting campaign results to determine the effectiveness of marketing efforts, summarize analysis for discussions with senior management, set priorities, and initiate new campaigns.
· Proficiency in Google Analytics and Adobe Illustrator, Canva, or Photoshop.
· Outstanding project management skills.
· Excellent written, presentation, interpersonal, and people influencing skills.
· Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects and detail/deadline orientation.
· College degree strongly preferred; equivalent experience also considered.
· Sensitivity to and respect for racial and social equity.
· Representative of Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
· Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to: careers @candid.org
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
8 hour shift