Scope /length of assignment:
Estimated 40 hours of work (five days)
Max. budget available to complete the task: 3,000 $
The USAID-funded Asia Counter Trafficking in Persons program (USAID Asia CTIP, 2016-2021) implemented by Winrock International, brings together governments, civil society and business to support regional initiatives that aim to reduce trafficking in persons (TIP). The program focuses on strengthened learning around trafficking in persons; enhanced cooperation and collaboration between various sectors in source, transit and destination countries; and increased opportunities for private sector leadership to address the problem.
USAID Asia CTIP is currently recruiting for a host to be the voice and primary interviewer for a new podcast miniseries (maximum 8 episodes). The podcast aims to focus on experiences of exploitation in the Asia region, explore misconceptions around human trafficking, and hear from frontline staff and subject-matter experts on how they are working to combat trafficking - especially under the changing dynamics of the pandemic. The host will work closely with USAID Asia CTIP project staff and producers to
1) Prepare scripts or talking points for episodes,
2) Conduct interviews with guests, and
3) Record additional narration as needed.
The applicant should have demonstrated experience in podcast hosting, broadcast journalism/radio , event moderating, or public speaking.
Qualifications of host
1. Proven experience in podcast hosting, broadcast journalism/radio, event moderating or public speaking.
2. Ability to work remotely across different time zones; must be in the South East Asia or South Asia region.
3. Fluency in English is required.
4. Prior experience reporting or working on labor rights, migration, or human trafficking in
Asia region is desired but not required.
TO APPLY: Please send a CV with your expected compensation for the task and a short video (no more than 3’) explaining your motivation for this assignment and relevant experience to email@example.com no later than Tuesday, March 22nd at 5p.m ICT.
|Salary Range||USD 1 — USD 3000 hourly|
|Employment Type||Contract / Freelance|
|Vacancies Available||1 available|