Chinaccelerator a leading startup accelerator in China, is a mentorship-driven program assisting internet startups from around the world cross borders – from the world into China, and from China to the rest of the world.
It is operated by the venture fund SOSV, which has $300M AUM and operates eight global accelerators. Chinaccelerator offers three months of rigorous guidance, training, and resources from mentors, partners, and investors. The robust and supportive alumni network continues into the startups’ post-Chinaccelerator lifespan.
The Program assistant reports to the Program Manager and will work closely with program coordination and all staff across various departments. Your primary responsibility is assisting with the administration of our 6 month program (3 month intensive residential program + 3 month non-residential).
The responsibilities for this role are not limited to the below, there are times where you have to perform tasks that are out of the scope listed here.
- Provides administrative support for the department Director and Managers as needed
- Attends program related meetings and takes minutes.
- Assists in overseeing the program schedule, planning and liaising with internal / external stakeholders on important action items to ensure program schedule runs smoothly at all times.
- Assist in internal / external events planning.
- Receives, sorts, analyzes, and summarizes material for the preparation of reports; maintains department records.
- Prepares advanced word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation documents as assigned including manuals, brochures, reports, budget documents, and PowerPoint presentations, flyers, newsletters
- Assists in the development of program evaluation tools, techniques, and methods
- Reserves / set-up conference rooms and equipment for in-office meetings and presentations.
- Schedules appointments and meetings for staff.
- Assist in mentor database management and ensure that all our mentor process are run smoothly.
- Assist in managing wiki platform (knowledge library) with latest information / knowledge for the startups and update all internal process on wiki.
- Help to refine program / mentor / wiki management processes / systems
- Have the opportunity to be involve in Corporation Innovation projects per ad-hoc basis
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to our mission to help Startups grow and scale. This position is integral to our work providing a smooth process to the internal team and startups. You are a doer, hardworking, avid learner, agile, good team work ethics, enthusiastic, proactive and take initiative, smart. Bilingual or professional proficiency in both English and Mandarin.
- Bachelor degree or above, Junior/senior student or Graduates
- Demonstrate strong organizational, multi-tasking and task priorization ability to work in a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to make sound judgement, problem solving skill and strong analytical mind;
- A good team player, self-motivated independent and can work under pressure;
- Fluent in English and Mandarin, Overseas study experience is preferred
What You’ll Get?
- You will have free access to all the workshops in the previous batches and upcoming ones, learn as much as possible while you can on how we help startups grow
- Full immersion in a fast paced, intensive VC working environment, great exposure to the startup ecosystem and the world of Venture Capital
Learn how to design program curriculum, plan, organize and execute programs
- Being part of the Program team, you’ll learn Entrepreneurial, management and leadership skills
- Being part of the Chinaccelerator team, you are not limited to learning one aspect of the job scope only, you have exposure to other areas such as PR/Marketing, investment, Corporate Innovation etc.
- A lot of team bonding activities, opportunity to share your ideas to make an impact and change where possible.