Do you have a product-first approach when building software? Are you experienced with backend development and constantly finding ways to improve existing infrastructure, platforms, and frameworks? Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment with a talented, fun and energetic team who is running at full speed to redefine the way people invest?
We are currently expanding and looking for a motivated Backend Engineer who have a passion for building robust and scalable systems for customer-focused financial products.
You are responsible for translating high-level business requirements for new products and features into the services and data models that power them. You will work to design, build, and support many of the core systems powering StashAway's financial software, from cash flow and transaction libraries to our financial computation engine, You like thinking critically about how to architect and build new components in a performant and scalable manner.
You will need to leverage the entire technology stack to realise these goals, and will be part of a team that is constantly tackling difficult questions of scale, architecture and interaction. You will develop experience with the full stack across different backend systems, restructuring existing systems, extending their functionality as well as building entirely new services from the ground up in the area of Operations, Compliance, Trading and Banking.
Your contribution to a dynamic Technology team allows you to be exposed to a variety of concepts and technologies. You will enjoy being able to have a direct impact on StashAway's internationalisation plans, and the development of features and new investment products.
- Design new services and enhance existing process and data flows with suitable modern technologies.
- Work on cutting-edge technology and be part of modern software development practices (e.g. agile and self-sufficient teams, continuous integration and deployment, test automation, cloud-based infrastructure, and tooling).
- Design and implement solutions to handle high levels of traffic, in a rapidly scaling environment.
- Dive deep into technologies that you are not yet familiar with and work out concepts and best practices for our stack.
- Write testable, clean, efficient code that can be confidently released in production.
- Work closely with Product and Business teams to produce high-quality results.
- Understand the importance of scalability, self-healing, performance, profiling, data, and security when developing and maintaining backend services.
- Bachelors' or above in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 3-5 years of experience developing distributed systems or building a larger application from scratch
- Self-driven, has strong sense of ownership and able to work and learn independently
- We have an annual Learning & Development budget of S$1,000/year for you to take charge of your upskilling and learning!
- Comfortable with numbers and motivated by steep learning curves
- Developed mission-critical products, e.g. trading platforms, medical applications
- Basic knowledge of finance and trading
- Preferably some exposure to CQRS / Event Sourcing patterns
- Basic understanding of infrastructure (e.g. databases, message queues, Docker)
|Experience Required||3 years|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Vacancies Available||1 available|