|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Vacancies Available||1 available|
You will be responsible for assisting with the implementation, operation and maintenance of secure and highly available technical solutions within Finance.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
• You will be gathering requirements, defining specifications, configuring and testing Finance Systems.
• Maintaining the ongoing reliability, performance and support of Finance Systems. This includes monitoring the environments; responding to incidents, problems, major change and planning for growth.
• Deploying (installation, configuration & testing) new or enhanced technology services as well as contributing to their design.
• Work collaboratively with Engineers, other analysts, Service Leaders, Operations Managers, Vendors, Architects and other Digital Technology professionals.
• Integrating solutions with other applications and technology platforms based on solution requirements.
• Developing changes, enhancements and scripted solutions and automation to drive continuous improvements.
• Developing plans to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application, implementing the plan for backup and disaster recovery for technology solutions.
• Reviewing and contributing to documentation relevant to services e.g. Design, Service Transition to Support, Standard Operating Procedures, SLAs, OLAs.
• Reporting security issues when appropriate and gathering required information. Ensuring adherence to security requirements.
• Authors official documents e.g. reports (for internal or external use)
• Manages small projects, work area or technical skill set
• Responsible for predicting and planning future resources, which may include setting up new projects and project plans
• Responsible for the design/ delivery of events, activities, processes, and /or projects which have a major impact on the management of the business: allocates tasks and coordinates activities
• Responsible for the performance and development of others, providing guidance, training, motivational and directional feedback
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Working with 3rd party managed services & support providers. (such as Oracle Solutions, JD Edwards, Infor, Progression [RedSky])
• Oracle ERP technologies and middleware
• Database technologies (e.g. PLSQL)
• Knowledge of Finance Processes (e.g. Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Project Accounting)
• Broad knowledge of software and programming
• Business Analysis experience, including gathering requirements, defining specifications, configuring and testing
• Good communication, interpersonal and client-facing skills, with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical detail
• Business awareness
• Working knowledge of IT service processes (ITIL) and best practices.
• Reporting and Dashboarding tools (e.g. Power BI)
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Shape your time with us
How can we best work with you? Whether you’re a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle, it’s not always easy to commit to standard working hours. At Arup you have access to a range of flexible working options – including flexible start and finish times, working from home or working part-time. If you're interested in any of these options, please let us know when you apply and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please apply online. All applications will be considered and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Arup. Shaping a better world.
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, architects, consultants and technical specialists.
The Digital Technology team is a team of professionals collaborating globally to support and enable over 20,000 colleagues and clients. Customer focused with a service mentality, we design and develop software, protect and run the firm’s digital infrastructure, support and maintain applications and data platforms, deliver projects, manage risk, provide consultancy and partner with strategic vendors to help enable the Arup Strategy and Digital Vision. We’re committed to transforming our catalogue of technologies to provide secure, resilient services and innovative, digital tools which will enable our members to embrace new ways of working and deliver value for our firm and clients.