|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Vacancies Available||1 available|
Get to know the Role:
• Design, implement & manage web apps that impact millions of users
• Experience a shipping culture that uses the state of the art web technologies
• Grow in an environment passionate about knowledge-sharing and code review
• Learn software engineering practices for coding at scale: static analysis, feature flags, instrumentation, and more
The day-to-day activities:
• Design and implement RESTful APIs
• Build and deploy performant modern web applications in React, Redux, Webpack, ES6, and Flow
• Architect efficient and scalable backend systems
• Write unit, functional and end-to-end tests
• Write high-quality code (Ruby on Rails, Go) that communicates with upstream backend services via HTTP APIs
• Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
• Participate in code and design reviews
The must haves:
• Experience shipping web applications to production
• Familiarity with the whole web stack, web protocols, and web performance optimisation techniques
• In-depth understanding of web frameworks (such as Rails, Django, etc)
• Proficient with at least one language commonly used for backend services development (C++, C, C#, Java etc.), but willing to work on Golang
• Proficient understanding of the HTTP protocol
• Experience with ES6/ES2015 or ES7/ES2016
• Experience with React, Redux/Flow
• Experience with at least one CSS preprocessor: Sass, Less, PostCSS, Stylus, etc
Get to know Grab:
Grab is more than just the leading ride-hailing and mobile payments platform in Southeast Asia. We use data and technology to improve everything from transportation to payments and financial services across a region of more than 620 million people. We work with Working with governments, drivers, passengers, merchants, and the community, to solve critical problems in Southeast Asia.
Grab began as a taxi-hailing app in 2012, but we have since extended our product platform to include GrabCar, GrabShare, GrabBike, GrabHitch, GrabExpress, GrabFood, GrabCoach, GrabShuttle, GrabCycle. We recently launched our fintech platform – GrabFinancial, which consists of payments, lending and insurance. Our latest addition is GrabVentures, an in-house incubation platform. We are focused on pioneering new commuting and payment alternatives for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on convenience, safety, and reliability. Currently, we offer services in 8 countries. Our R&D offices are in Singapore, Seattle, Beijing, Bangalore, Jakarta and Vietnam. We aspire to unlock the true potential of Southeast Asia and look for like-minded individuals to join us on this ride.
If you share our vision of driving South East Asia forward, apply to join our team today
Grab is your everyday everything app.
“Why can’t we have a safer way to hail a ride?” “Can’t we give drivers better working conditions?” “What if we could make life just a little bit easier?” Okay, it started with several questions. Those questions led to a group of incredibly ambitious (and incredibly optimistic) friends starting this company in a tiny rented storage space somewhere in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. That was in 2012. Today, that tiny company has turned into Grab, Southeast Asia’s largest mobile technology company that connects millions of consumers to millions of drivers, merchants, and businesses. Grab is taking on the largest problems that affect the region, including access inequality, outdated infrastructure, and income disparity. Just like every single Southeast Asian, we’re still incredibly ambitious. We’re still questioning those everyday limitations. And we’re still incredibly optimistic.